Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding after sex

(8 Posts)
hussherbye Sat 17-Sep-16 09:39:57

Just wanted to see if anyone has had experience of this as I can't quite find anything that matches my symptoms on a search.

I've had bleeding after sex for the last few occasions, the last time there was a lot of blood. I don't have any pain but I have got lower back ache. Been to GP, he did a smear, also another swab for infections which was clear. He said cervix looked OK. Got hospital appointment but it's not for another month yet (6 weeks after GP appointment) I'm trying not to think the worst but it's hard.

HappydaysArehere Sat 17-Sep-16 10:44:43

I don't know how old you are but I had this. In my case it was vaginal atrophy caused by menopausal dryness. Try not to worry. Apparently there are several reasons for this besides the dreaded cancer. My friend had polyps, another thickening of the womb lining.

hussherbye Sat 17-Sep-16 11:08:21

Thanks for your reply, I'm 41

hussherbye Sat 17-Sep-16 11:09:06

Think it's the back ache added to it that's making me worry, but that could be anything too!

PopFizz Sat 17-Sep-16 11:19:20

I had this years ago, was a cervical erosion. It wasn't clear on an examination, but very clear on a hospital examination (camera inserted for closer look at the cervix)

Is it red blood or brown? Is it heavy for says or just hours?

hussherbye Sat 17-Sep-16 12:50:45

Bright red and stops pretty much immediately after

Daffodils8 Sat 17-Sep-16 13:12:05

Are you on any contraception? I had this when I was on the mini pill, GP swapped me to the injection and it stopped straight away.

hussherbye Sun 18-Sep-16 16:05:36

Nope haven't taken pill for about 8 years, use condoms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now