Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Barthloin cyst over 40?

(4 Posts)
Notthinkingclearly Thu 28-Jul-16 08:43:49

I have made a GP appointment for later today. Right side of labia very uncomfortable feeling like a pinched feeling. Not sure if swollen. Convinced myself it something nasty but even if only a barthloin cyst it should be treated as suspicious if over 40. I am 40 so very anxious. Any experience if symptoms. It feels just like the feeling that you when pubic hairs are stuck on a sanitary pad or my knickers are digging in but aren't.

ShangriLaLaLa Fri 29-Jul-16 22:32:11

I think it's more concerning post menopause rather than a blanket post 40. Something to do with lubrication, or lack of.

I've had two in late 40's (still pre-menopause) and they have both resolved in time. Good to see your GP though - how did it go?

PollyPerky Fri 29-Jul-16 22:35:50

Not aware that age is relevant with this. A blocked gland is a blocked gland at any age. The Bartholin gland helps keep the area moist and as far as I know still functions throughout our lives.

gingerboy1912 Mon 01-Aug-16 18:51:30

I agree with polly. Being forty doesn't mean a bartholins is more problematic. Antibiotics usually sorts them out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now