Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tinnitus after having a baby

(3 Posts)
EagleRay Fri 01-Jul-16 16:30:51

I gave birth (ELCS) 8 weeks ago and feel reasonably well recovered now but have noticed a ringing in my ears the last few days . At first I just noticed it when I was in bed, but now I'm aware of it whenever I'm sat still and things are reasonably quiet.

Anyone else had this after having a baby? Haven't been overly worried so far but as I'm becoming more aware of it I'm getting concerned that it may never go away!

Minime85 Sat 02-Jul-16 12:50:53

Hi. I have had tinnitus for years but it didn't come after baby directly. It is worse some days than others. You learn to tune it out. Go and see you GP if you are worried

EagleRay Sun 24-Jul-16 23:39:27

Update - I figured out what's causing it... the baby!! She's got one hell of a scream on her - I don't deliberately leave her to cry but when she does scream it reaches a pitch and intensity that we never saw in DD1. DP commented on the ringing in his ears at the weekend after she'd screamed and so I twigged. It seems that even occasional exposure to her in full flight with her voice and I'm left with an almost permanent ringing confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now