Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Internal pile ... advice please?!

(3 Posts)
Nursed123 Mon 06-Jun-16 12:31:24

Hi ladies
Doc thinks I have an internal pile - had some painless fresh blood when wiping.
Been using proctosedyl supps for 3 days - they've definitely helped the bleeding, there's hardly any when I wipe now but still a little. Is it normal for it to continue to bleed lightly for few days even with the supps?

Also - my mind in overdrive a bit at the mo but would the supps help stop the bleeding if it was something more serious than just piles? I was assuming not.....

X

CarbeDiem Mon 06-Jun-16 12:47:42

I think the suppositories are meant to shrink the pile, this would happen gradually. I haven't used them but have used a cream, applied internally and that worked. It took around 4 or 5 days for the blood to stop all together. Don't forget that every time you have a bowel movement that will be aggravating it but if you are still passing blood say after 7 days then go back to the GP. I would.
I'm NOT a doctor but try not to overthink (easier said that done, I know) bright red fresh blood is more than likely nothing sinister and is from somewhere near your anus (tears or piles).
Hope you're feeling better soon x

Nursed123 Mon 06-Jun-16 13:07:30

Thanks very much, will definitely go back if not stopped completely within a few more days .
My bowels are now all over the place since I went to the doctors which isn't helping, think it's because I'm anxious about it X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now