Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hot flashes?

(2 Posts)
Psion Tue 31-May-16 21:30:57

Yesterday I was just lying quietly in bed when I experienced an unpleasant flash of dread, followed by a sudden warmth spreading through my chest and belly, followed by my heart beat quickening, followed by feeling chilled and a bit shaking. It lasted maybe 15-20 seconds from start to finish.

I have had several more this afternoon and evening. It's really horrible, especially the split second of dread before one starts. I don't sweat and I don't go red in the face or anything, but I definitely get heat spreading across my body.

I am nearly 46, and already on HRT for peri menopausal anxiety/depression, so I am surprised to start getting hot flashes now?

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Wed 01-Jun-16 15:33:28

What dose HRT are you on? You may need it increasing, quite normal to have hot flashes in perimenopause my friends all have.
Saying that I am now one year since last period and have not had one yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now