Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sleepiness after eating

(3 Posts)
DerelictDaughter Fri 06-May-16 11:59:44

I've always felt crappy if I eat sweet things before dinner - am usually ok in the morning, wouldn't eat sweet things at lunch, if I try in the afternoon then I am zonked, evening is ok.

Just in the past week I've started to feel zonked after every meal. I eat pretty healthily and don't drink loads. I eat fibre and vegetables and fully understand about needing to eat fibre with carbs so I usually go for brown bread. Now if I have toast (no jam) I need a nap afterwards. I'd dearly love to go to sleep after lunch. It's hard to tell in the evening because I'm tired anyway. I just had some leftover pasta for elevenses and I'm fighting to keep my eyes open.

That's not normal, is it? I think I know I need to see a doctor but I'd just like to know if anyone else has this and what is it related to?

tiredgranny Fri 06-May-16 22:40:47

Diabetes . Sugar levels high

Fourarmsv2 Tue 10-May-16 06:56:01

Carbs do this to me. A Pizza Hut will literally send me into a coma type sleep for a couple of hours.

However I've just had a HbA1c test which I think will come back normal
because I've been on a low carb diet for over two years now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now