Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stupid elbow injury - what do I do?

(8 Posts)
Katymac Tue 05-Apr-16 10:28:52

About a month ago I woke up to find my arm stretched out over the edge of the bed sort of dangling backwards a bit & my elbow hurt

I sort of expected it to get better & it hasn't

It isn't the bone that is my funny bone but the end of the bone that if my elbow is bent is on top

So what do I do now? It really hurts

Katymac Tue 05-Apr-16 12:46:37

No one has anything useful to say?

sad

Imnotaslimjim Tue 05-Apr-16 12:49:08

It sounds like you've hyperextended it. Usually rest will heal it, but if you think it isn't, get the nurse to check it over and maybe referral to physio

Katymac Tue 05-Apr-16 12:51:06

I feel so stupid saying my elbow hurts to the receptionist - but I think a month or so is probably enough, it would have healed by now if it was straightforward I guess

I am such a numpty

Imnotaslimjim Tue 05-Apr-16 14:06:06

Just say that it was hyperextended a few weeks ago and is still sore

I had to have my thumb looked at for the same reason. I gave it 6 weeks and it seemed to get better but then started aching again. When I went I was told off for not having it seen to sooner

Katymac Tue 05-Apr-16 18:51:12

sounds so sensible when you say it....

Hope your thumb is OK

Imnotaslimjim Tue 05-Apr-16 23:26:08

Its absolutely fine now, thanks. Had to wear a splint for 9 weeks and it was still sore for about a month afterward but its great now

Katymac Wed 06-Apr-16 07:22:48

That's good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now