Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pelvic issues post partum - anyone had surgery?

(3 Posts)
Dizzybintess Sun 03-Apr-16 22:51:28

Hiya has anyone else had to resort to pelvis surgery after pregnancy. My daughter is 5 and so fat since she was born to had to have my pelvis stabilised and my sacroiliac joint screwed. Super fun!
Every time someone says "time for another one surely" I have an urge to punch them squarely in the face with lots of ginger rage!

Dizzybintess Sun 03-Apr-16 22:52:45

Sorry that should say so far! Not so fat!

Primaryteach87 Sun 03-Apr-16 22:59:22

I haven't yet, although will need to after we have decided not to have any more children. I've had the consultations and I'm pretty terrified of the surgery I need to have.

100% sympathy from me. Birth injuries are just awful. In part because birth is pretty darn hard for most people...BUT some people have it a lot, lot worse and you sort of want that acknowledged!!! It's not the done thing though to say, "oh right you had an episiotomy, that's hard but my body tore in two and I'll never fully recover and am disabled for life...so....it doesn't compare really" ...which is what I feel like saying (but don't because I realise that makes me sound horrible! I'm not really!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now