Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

recurrent endometrial polyps

(3 Posts)
zoemaguire Fri 01-Apr-16 23:04:45

I've had (benign) polyps removed (polypectomy +d&c) three times in the last five years now, last one was last year. I've just started mid-cycle bleeding yet again, suggesting the buggers have come back for the fourth time. The (patronising sod) of a consultant who took the last lot out told me my only option if they came back was to have the mirena coil fitted. I hate, hate, hate this idea. I don't get on with hormonal contraception AT ALL, it unfailingly turns me into a fat, moody, depressed cow. DH had the snip to avoid me having to go back on it (plus we're done now with three kids!).

Has anybody had recurrent polyps and had a polypectomy more than three times? Is there a theoretical limit? Apart from the GA it's actually been entirely painless and straightforward each time. I'd much prefer to just keep having them as needed rather than get a coil, presumably until the menopause (so at least 10-15 years in all likelihood - I'm only 39). Are there any other options out there? And/or any recommendations for a non-patronising gynae surgeon near the SE? (I could go private). Any experiences/suggestions would be really welcome!

zoemaguire Sat 02-Apr-16 10:27:05

Hopeful bump

PollyPerky Sat 02-Apr-16 11:20:47

Will PM you a name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now