Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dental implants

(5 Posts)
hoppy40 Wed 10-Feb-16 00:48:31

Can anyone tell me how easy or hard it was and costs to get dental implants?
I've had a partial denture for 5 years and I hate it not many people know I have it but I feel really self conscious.

TheLittleLion Wed 10-Feb-16 12:28:58

I don't have first hand experience but my mum had 2 or 3 implants about 7 years ago I think.
She got lucky when her old dentist left and was replaced by her current dentist who was an oral surgeon and was trained in dental implantology.
He charged from £2,000 for a single implant.
Iirc it was a bit of a lengthy process and she spent a while going to and from the dentist and had a bruised swollen face for a little while, maybe a week.
She says it was the best thing she has ever done and would do it over if she lost another tooth.
I know 100% that she'd recommend it. She's coming over this evening so if you have any questions I can ask her if it would help. smile

twoshineyshoesahhaeyetoeye Wed 10-Feb-16 16:48:06

Hi, after debating for 10 years I finally took the plunge last October to have my dental implant done. I go for the final fitting and implant put in on Monday. I cant quite believe how straight forward it has all been and have only been in mild discomfort for about 6 hrs after one visit, which ibuprofen sorted out. Happy to answer any questions. Other than the financial aspect it was a breeze. :-)

angiemac66 Thu 11-Feb-16 09:18:56

Hi hoppy40

Take a look at this website

www.dentists4implants.com

It has comprehensive information about dental implants and also allows you to search for a local dentist that offers that treatment.

Where are you based?

miamiaMo Sat 17-Sep-16 10:56:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now