Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

laparoscopy and endometriosis

(8 Posts)
NatalieWould Thu 04-Feb-16 14:51:59

I've recently had a laparoscopy and they confirmed endometriosis. It will be a week tomorrow and I feel so wiped out. Have to go back and discuss options with them. Anyone have any tips? Anyone feel this tired? Am really down and struggling at moment.

Titsywoo Thu 04-Feb-16 20:18:22

Did they say what stage and where the endo is?

I have stage 4 endo which luckily is currently symptomless. I do get bad fatigue though - not sure why that happens.

NatalieWould Thu 04-Feb-16 20:42:40

Hi: they said mild - it doesn't feel mild! They also mentioned ademenosis (? Spelling) I'm left thinking is this how I will feel forever?

NatalieWould Thu 04-Feb-16 20:43:12

Adenomyosis

NatalieWould Thu 04-Feb-16 20:44:33

They said it was at the back of my uterus - they said there was a lot but it was mild. I'm sure it's on other places too. Would they check everywhere?

IASM Thu 04-Feb-16 20:48:41

Hi - big unmumsnetty hugs from me. I have probable endo/adenomyosis (they won't do a lap to confirm because of the way I scar, and thanks to 3 cs and two other surgeries I am all gummed up with scar tissue anyway). Thankfully mine is pretty mild, but I have had a load of success with dietary changes which allowed me to get pregnant with my 3rd child. So no, you will not feel like this forever - now you have it confirmed there will be things you can do and I would totally recommend googling endometriosis diet and taking it from there. Everyone is different but for me wheat/gluten and possibly dairy seem to be the biggies.

Good luck and go gently on yourself. It's more debilitating than people often realise.

Titsywoo Thu 04-Feb-16 23:32:39

Apparently it often happens that a little bit causes a lot of pain and a lot like mine can have nothing at all. Maybe because I have so many adhesions they are cushioning my insides or something! Not sure. Have a look at a Facebook group called nancys nook. Lots of helpful advice on there.

NatalieWould Fri 05-Feb-16 09:32:16

Thanks both!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now