Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what's with my leg...?

(11 Posts)
lljkk Mon 01-Feb-16 18:04:03

Almost 12 months ago I started to get occasional cramps in right leg, maybe in the back of the knee. I suppose if it was DVT then it should have killed me by now. I stopped wearing skinny jeans, but still I get a cramp in that same area sometimes. Not red or tender anywhere, noticeable rather than crippling. Can't think of any linked activities. What could be the cause?

lljkk Mon 01-Feb-16 19:17:12

Don't worry, if I die from mystery-leg-disease I will come back to haunt you all.... PPHHHHHAAAHAHAHAHHAhahahahaahha... !

teentraumas Mon 01-Feb-16 19:20:36

Back of your knee, could be a bakers cyst, a varicose vein? Anything to see or feel??

lljkk Mon 01-Feb-16 19:26:10

ooh... ta 4 reply.
Nothing to see or feel. It's just a persistent slight cramp in non-precise location, iyswim.

teentraumas Mon 01-Feb-16 23:24:56

How strange, could be any number of things, or just plain old cramp!

AlpacaLypse Mon 01-Feb-16 23:28:54

Possibly sciatica? Appreciate this isn't helpful, as if you google it you will find there is bugger all you can do about it sad

LineyReborn Mon 01-Feb-16 23:29:22

lljkk, remember what happened to me...??

Just go and get it checked out and your GO can run a simple blood test for DVT. Especially if it happens after being sat in front of a computer MNing for hours on end, or being otherwise immobile.

How do you feel otherwise?

LineyReborn Mon 01-Feb-16 23:30:41

GP offs not GO.

I type GP enough times; you'd think fucking autocorrect would have caught on by now.

PeaceOfWildThings Mon 01-Feb-16 23:30:59

Low in minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, calcium or iodine, maybe?

digerd Tue 02-Feb-16 11:45:13

I went to my GP with a hot painful swelling behind the knee wondering if it was a DVT. He went through a list of what a DVT symptoms are and as I failed on the "red" he said it was not a DVT.
I was left a bit hmm but in my book it said Phlebitis which I felt was right smile

It did eventually go away and that was years ago and I am still here smile

lljkk Tue 02-Feb-16 19:56:48

It's not hot, and the GP nags me about screening tests if I go would rather poke pins in my eyeballs.

But I will try to pay attention to whether it's worse after sitting down. I was sat down most of today & it's no worse for that, iyswim.

Thanks for replies, long day at work & then long delay on train home!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now