Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Headaches after hit to head

(11 Posts)
backonthebikeagain Tue 19-Jan-16 13:01:05

I hit my head quite hard on Thursday, it was enough for a lump to appear straight away. Since then I have had a headache. The dr said to only worry if I get dizzy.

Im at home again today with a migraine type headache in my eyes.

Im not dizzy and dont feel sick. Will these just stop soon?

legoqueen Tue 19-Jan-16 17:43:46

I would seek further medical advice, it's been several days since the accident.

Lweji Tue 19-Jan-16 17:47:16

Agree.

backonthebikeagain Tue 19-Jan-16 19:40:55

Should I go back to my gp? They made me feel like I wasted their time on Monday sad

Lweji Tue 19-Jan-16 20:38:03

Does it have to be the same doctor?
Try an out of hours or walk in centre (or whatever there's in the UK these days).
Or go and insist. A constant headache is at best annoying.

gingerboy1912 Sat 23-Jan-16 19:07:23

Could be concussion I would go back to go on Monday

BoreOfWhabylon Sat 23-Jan-16 19:16:57

Persistent headache since a head injury requires A&E assessment, according to NICE guidelines.

No point going to GP or walk-in centre.

If you call 111 I'm pretty sure they will advise you to go to A&E, based on what you've said here.

Shirkingfromhome Sat 23-Jan-16 19:24:46

Sounds like concussion. I'd get it checked it out if I were you. I wouldn't go back to the same GP, walk-in or a&e would be better.

backonthebikeagain Sun 24-Jan-16 14:49:13

Thanks all. The headaches are getting better now. I have only taken paracetamol once so far today!

gingerboy1912 Tue 26-Jan-16 15:16:54

Glad you are on the mend op. I had concussion many years ago, it wasn't pleasant.

backonthebikeagain Tue 26-Jan-16 15:48:02

Thank you. Im surprised at how much it affected me. I definitely wont be doing it again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now