Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

shoulder/arm pain

(4 Posts)
ancientbuchanan Tue 19-Aug-14 08:37:46

I think I've sprained my shoulder. It feels as though someone is boring into the blade and sending tremors down the arm. Crunching noises and feelings iyswim when moving it. Painful but can use hand..

Went to see the GP about something else but mentioned it, she took blood pressure which was fine.

What should I do? Currently alternating ibruprofen and paracetemol, hot water bottles etc.. anything else? How long till it sorts itself?

Millionairerow Wed 20-Aug-14 18:03:10

HI I sprained my shoulder post coughing fits (and pulled intercostal) and I have like a frozen should, esp if carting the kids around. Dr said it can take up to 18 montsh but he's getting some physiotherapy for me so I can do some exercises to loosen it off and strengthen the tendons etc.

AMessageToYouRudie Wed 20-Aug-14 18:07:33

Hi
I have had the same thing for a year, how interesting, mine is because I sleep on raised pillows when my asthma is bad????
watching with interest....

ancientbuchanan Wed 20-Aug-14 22:38:39

I do know getting the pillows exactly right is critical and I slept in an uncomfy position cold recently. But even so...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now