Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

mega cringe. ..... thrush in vagina and mouth

(14 Posts)

didn't know that was even possible sad
anyone else had both ?

gamerchick Sat 22-Mar-14 11:42:24

Oh dear... go and get the tablet to clear your whole body.

You may need something for your mouth though.

gamerchick Sat 22-Mar-14 11:43:34

You have my sympathies I get plagued by the dammed thing often.

I used the pessary on Thursday night aswell as the cream. its better , swelling had gone down and itch its better and now it just feels hot ifswim
been to pharmacy today for some dakarin oral gel.
I think it started when me and my bf used a condom (first time we slept together) think my body didn't like it and then followed oral sex from him to me and kisses so thats probably how I got it in my mouth too ??
have told him to get treatment too.
the pessary is still dissolving as I still have chalky discharge. is that normal ?

differentnameforthis Sat 22-Mar-14 12:15:18

Are you sure you are not allergic to latex? I always got thrush when I used a condom & it took me years to react to latex gloves, so now I realise that the thrush = latex allergy starting.

I had oral thrush last year & I can honestly say that I don't remember ever feeling so bloody shitty! It's horrible.

PlinkyPlonker Sat 22-Mar-14 12:22:04

Ask your dr (or Chemist as it's over the counter) Daktarin gel for oral thrush - so much better and nicer than the Niastatin (?) drops that taste like devil wee.

Since having 2 kids I'm now ridiculously prone to thrush and I am another one who has just realised that latex condoms cause cause it to flare up.

tried the dakarin oral gel at lunchtime and I have had tingly lips ever since. it could be anxiety though ?
did any of you get side effects from the gel ?

differentnameforthis Sun 23-Mar-14 04:23:29
itsmeitscathy Sun 23-Mar-14 10:33:21

Go to gp about oral thrush, it's all get course of anti fungals you get for it than the other kind. Also, change your toothbrush or it will come back!

I actually think its geographic tounge which I get all the time. when I get a minute I will add a pic.

how long does it take to clear up (vagina) ? its much improved but not completely gone.also when can is it safe to have sex ?

bump
I still itch but it's not as bad .... do I still use the cream ?

PlinkyPlonker Tue 25-Mar-14 20:06:21

Yes keep on with cream but if you are still itching go to GP and they will prescribe a 5 day course of pessaries as one pessary sometimes isn't enough. And it sounds like you need a bigger dose

its so much better today barely felt any itch.still using the cream 2-3 times a day.will see in the next few days if it comes back then I will go get the oral tablet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now