Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Erm...Any ideas?

(38 Posts)
CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 08-Jul-13 11:07:00

I'm mortified to be writing this, but I don't know where else to ask.

I'm on the pill. I have been for years. I use it to completely stop periods, due to other health problems. It has worked fine for years, no breakthrough bleeding. My periods, when I do have them, are mild. No cramps, I don't get PMT.

Today I am bleeding. Bright red blood. It seemed to start when I woke up, and is now gushing. In the minute between getting out of the shower and being able to get dressed, it covered the insides of my legs.

I've got stomach cramps in bizarre waves, they seem so regular you could use them as a clock.

I've been really, really emotional for the past two weeks, too, but I don't know if that's related. And very bloated.

I don't know what this is. I haven't missed a pill or anything. I did get rather dehydrated yesterday but I've never heard of that causing anything like this?!

I don't think I've ever seen so much blood in my life. It's so red and clotty and it looks like proper blood...like I'm bleeding out an organ or something.

I'm scared sad

malteserzz Tue 09-Jul-13 22:34:50

Bless you sorry to hear your update
I agree with no running, take it easy and put your feet up as much as possible, you've been through a lot you need to rest
Post if it helps and we will listen x

bishboschone Tue 09-Jul-13 22:18:22

You poor thing .. hmm

fuzzpig Tue 09-Jul-13 16:27:27

Oh no caja sad I'm sorry you've had to go through this. I sympathise with the MH issues as well - it can make it incredibly hard to process things. You did brilliantly getting yourself medical help though.

I agree you probably shouldn't be running for a while - at least wait until you have the scan. x

steppemum Tue 09-Jul-13 16:25:01

Oh poppet, what a nightmare

please don't go running, your body may take a few days to settle down, if it is a miscarriage then you need to let your body sort it out, running may start you bleeding again

Are you still in pain? Is it stomach cramp/period pain type pains? If not, then I think you should get dp to phone the doctor and check all is as it should be.

The ultrasound on friday is probably to check what is happening in your uterus and that all is clear.

ChestyNut Tue 09-Jul-13 16:15:45

So sorry this has happened caja

Be kind to yourself and take it easy.

I don't think running is the best idea at the moment.

thanks for you and DP.

Hawkmoth Tue 09-Jul-13 13:54:11

So sorry you've had to go through this. Can't imagine what a shock it must have been. Take care of yourselfx

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 09-Jul-13 13:24:47

It may be worth me saying that I wasn't not listening, but I have bipolar depression and a big phobia of hospitals. It's in my medical records to keep me calm, and call DP. They dealt with him, and I asked him not to tell me last night.

I know, I guess. It's just hit me that 'as expected' means high, doesn't it?

I feel so hormonal and broken and lost.

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 09-Jul-13 13:21:29

Sorry, I thought I'd posted about those last night.

EPU took three pots of urine to test for HCG? with. The levels were as they expected. They talked to DP about it but to be honest I just sat there. I spent most of yesterday in a daze.

I'm supposed to go and have my iron levels checked now, and make sure the bleeding is okay.

I have an ultrasound booked for Friday, I presumed that it was so that they could check it wasn't my kidneys but I didn't ask.

Do you think the doctor could give me anything to make me feel less numb? I can't take anything in.

bishboschone Tue 09-Jul-13 13:00:41

Blimey. Didn't they do a scan or a pregnancy test or anything? Not good for you to not know what it is.

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 09-Jul-13 12:47:25

The first doctor wasn't sure. The second avoided talking to me but did say to DP that it looked very much like one.

EPU seemed to agree. It was bizarre sitting there. One of the nurses said at least it wasn't a much-wanted baby...I know she was trying to help but it's playing on my mind.

I just keep crying. I haven't felt like me for weeks. I need the bleeding to stop, it hurts so, so much.

ChestyNut Tue 09-Jul-13 12:22:53

Was it a miscarriage caja? sad

Sounds like you need to take it easy.

thanks

bishboschone Tue 09-Jul-13 12:17:34

I have just read this , did they tell you what it was?

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 09-Jul-13 11:40:42

I sat in a room in EPU for a long time yesterday being poked and prodded. They let me home early this morning because the bleeding had stopped.

The doctors didn't talk to me much. Initially they thought I was underage, and then I think they didn't want me to get upset. They have made me an urgent appointment with the crisis team.

The pharmacist gave me a hug and told me to carry on like normal, and treat it like a period. I've just done my usual run but it hurts so much. I'm so bloated, and it feels like my organs are all going to fall out.

I feel so sick, too.

I'm numb, I think.

ChestyNut Tue 09-Jul-13 11:03:28

How are you caja?

Hope you're okay OP.

DearPrudence Mon 08-Jul-13 21:15:25

How are you doing now? Hope everything's OK.

malteserzz Mon 08-Jul-13 17:01:28

I hope by now you've told DP and are being seen, let us know how you get on and best of luck

DearPrudence Mon 08-Jul-13 16:53:29

If your DP had started bleeding heavily and gone to hospital would you expect him to tell you? Of course you would.

Glad you're being seen, and thanks for the update.

wannabeawallaby Mon 08-Jul-13 16:08:49

Of COURSE you tell DP - ring him immediately. Can't believe he isn't there with you. Please ring him.

TeamSouthfields Mon 08-Jul-13 15:28:29

Sounds like a miscarriage hmm

Ofcourse tell ur partner, why wouldnt u?

MeeWhoo Mon 08-Jul-13 15:17:46

Good to hear you are being examined. I think you should tell DP, it's always good to have the moral support.

CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 08-Jul-13 14:57:34

I am sat in a small room.

Both doctors have disappeared.

I don't think they believe I'm in my 20s. They keep trying to call my parents.

Do I tell DP?

Hawkmoth Mon 08-Jul-13 12:51:09

Hope all works out ok.

MustafaCake Mon 08-Jul-13 11:53:09

Hope you are in that ambulance and OK.

XXX

magimedi Mon 08-Jul-13 11:50:50

Thinking of you - hope all is OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now