Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rib pain

(5 Posts)
MoreBeta Sat 04-May-13 22:27:45

Not gall stones. That pain is under right rib cage and eventually radiates round and up to right shoulder blade.

Go to A&E the pain in left rib and left arm may be associated with myocardial infarction. The triage nurse will give him an instant ECG. At least it can then be ruled out.

paranoidhusband Sat 04-May-13 22:24:02

I thought it was the right hand side to, having said that his mums suffers with gallstones, he said he will go to the Dr on Tuesday, the pain isn't really constant, just comes and goes and he can feel it more when he lies on the side.

TheseFoolishThings Sat 04-May-13 22:16:31

Gallstones would be right side upper quadrant

Littlefish Sat 04-May-13 21:33:38

Could be gall stones.

paranoidhusband Sat 04-May-13 16:13:25

For the few days, my husband has been experiencing pain under his left rib, when he goes to sleep he says he can feel a slight pain in his left upper arm as well, he hasn't got any other symptoms, and he can't remember hurting it in any way, he doesn't exercise and do any kind of heavy lifting either.
He is convinced he has cancer, he's 46, I have told him to go to the Dr on Tuesday, which he said he would.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now