Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cankles.... calf/ankles

(4 Posts)
dontsqueezetheteabag Fri 22-Feb-13 10:19:05

Does anyone else out there have "cankles"? I do, I HATE them. I cannot get rid of them. I cannot get nice boots to fit round them. I cannot wear nice dainty shoes. I cannot ever feel comforatble wearing a skirt. They expand during the day and by evening I pretty much have to surgically remove my socks!

I am not overweight and I just cannot shift these hideous heavy legs..... anyone offer any advice??

TIA x

i have the same. no advice though i'm sorry. just sympathy.

scampadoodle Fri 22-Feb-13 10:33:28

I do have ankles but my calfs (calves?) balloon out immediately above them into big, meaty legs - and I'm not otherwise overweight either. It's very frustrating. As to nice boots: have you tried Duo? I was a boot-free zone until I discovered this company.

yes - i have a pair of duo boots. they are great. i also can't wear skirts but i am slim. so annoying. i have legs like tree trunks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now