Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Leaking breast milk two years after finished breastfeeding

(6 Posts)
Violetteday Wed 09-Jan-13 10:06:08

I breastfed for just over two years, but two years later I'm still leaking milk. My left breast appears worse and I also get a slight tenderness at times.

Is this related to some sort of condition (Galactorrhea seems to come up in searches) as I'm thinking supply ought to have dried up by now?

Any help would be appreciated.

orangepudding Wed 09-Jan-13 10:09:09

Is it leaking or do you get milk from squeezing?
I stopped bfing 2 years ago and around ovulation can squeeze out milk, I don't 5hink its unusual. However if you are leaking its probably worth speaking to your go.

Violetteday Wed 09-Jan-13 10:20:52

Only occasional leaking, but am able to squeeze out milk ordinarily.

I wondered if I ought to get prolactin levels checked and if any treatment available.

50shadesofknackered Wed 09-Jan-13 10:40:53

I started producing breast milk when I was 15 (no pregnancy) and my prolactin levels were crazily high and I had a tumour (benign and sorted with tablets) on my Pituitary gland. Definately worth getting it checked.

tabbycat15 Wed 09-Jan-13 10:48:26

I had breast milk in one side & my daughter was over a year old & didn't breast feed. I had a small lump. I had it removed & it was an intraductual palpilloma. If left it could have turned cancerous. Best to get it checked out. It could be raised prolactin levels or hormone imbalance.

Violetteday Wed 09-Jan-13 10:55:17

Thank you. I think I will make an appointment with my GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now