Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Adenoids removal as an Adult

(4 Posts)
cowboylover Sun 13-Jan-13 23:48:54

Thanks for the reassurance. I will let you know how I get on.
Feeling better with only the little but removed after the biopsy so looking forward to it now.

Summersbee Mon 07-Jan-13 22:25:16

I had mine out as a child in Spain - I was tied up in a sheet. Then the doctor sat me on a nurse's knee, gave me a local anaesthetic, screwed my mouth open, put a bowl in front of me and yanked the adenoids out. Quick and effective but unforgettable ... But, suddenly I could hear so much better!
After so many years of frequently feeling blocked up, I now use a nasal spray called 'flixonase' which has been fantastic - I hope it continues working as I feel so liberated.
Good luck with this problem!

Cailleach Mon 07-Jan-13 21:57:58

I had mine out about six years ago: was well worth it, my nasal congestion eased hugely. Operation was a piece of cake; had very little pain afterwards and healed quickly.

cowboylover Sun 06-Jan-13 23:29:33

Wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

I have been having problems for years and finally saw a Dr who took me seriously and looked and apparently I have large adenoids which should not be there still now at my age and he wants to take then out.

Anyone else had this? I can see info on children but not adults.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now