Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

30-day shred in January

(662 Posts)
juneau Sun 30-Dec-12 17:44:58

Anyone want to join me?

Gilbertwasthebestcat Sun 30-Dec-12 19:57:58

Biwi
MulledwineGless
ScillyCow
ILoveOnionRings
thenightsky
Yddraigoldragon
AuntieMaggie
HumphreyCobbler
HugAndRoll
Teeb
ArfAPandaTreacle
SilverBaubles33
LightHousekeeping
Singingtunelessly
ZakuroFujiwara
ZzzenAgain
NewStartSameStory
Becstarlightstarbright
SavoirFaire
CooCoolite
TheSloppelganger
Gloriafloria
timidviper
Fadqueen
Cocolepew
Colette
ToomuchJanuaryNametobedecided
Mumat39
anewdispensation
Bessie123
Dickiedavisthunderthighs
EwanHoozami
Doshusallie
RatherBeOnThePiste
sybilfaulty
MrsHerculePoirot
Ilovemyteddy
TheHumancatapult
CordeliaChase
Brainstorm
Christmasknackers
BistoBear
makingchanges
GreenyEyes
JenaiMarr
Boobz
Ginot Prigio
hurricanewyn
NoveltySlippers
NigellasGuest
CathyandClaire
FuryDogMother
thisisthestory
Lastyearsmodel
jan2013
WillieWaggledagge
vnmum
willowisp
willowispsmama
JACAQUEEN
Gilbertwasthebestcat

I did Dukan earlier in the year and lost over a stone easily. Maintained for a while but put it all back on and need support I think. Can you eat flavoured yoghurt? On Dukan you were allowed lemon and vanilla I think.

FromEsme Sun 30-Dec-12 19:58:06

That's good PlanetVenus , always a good idea to be prepared!

Gilbertwasthebestcat Sun 30-Dec-12 19:58:51

Arghhh wrong thread. Ignore me.

sausagerolemodel Sun 30-Dec-12 20:02:20

Gadgetty thing. The Fitbit. Anyone tried one? I am tempted. Its essentially a posh pedometer but it seems liked the analysis and feedback data visualisation is supposed to be quite motivating.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/cr/B005TE00ZW/ref=aw_d_cr_sports

(on phone so dont know if link will work)

iwantanafternoonnap Sun 30-Dec-12 20:03:12

Oh I am so in. I need to lose a stone before feb as I can't fit into my ski wear and I need to lose 3 stone by 13th March (a long shot I know!)

152 cm and 12.9 stone I am a weeble and non of my clothes fit. Going to be hard as I work 12.5 hour shifts including nights and have a 3 year old.

So fed up of wearing tracksuits and not being able to see my foof to was it though.

Annianni Sun 30-Dec-12 20:06:37

I've just ordered it from amazon, so i'll join in when it arrives.

Oh god... what have I done?

ihatethecold Sun 30-Dec-12 20:07:34

Ok I'm in. I need some motivation.
I did it during the summer hols and it really made a diffence
I will also use my ripped in 30 DVD as I prefer it to 30 day shred.
Are we doing measurements?

Madcaplady Sun 30-Dec-12 20:08:59

can I join? I have the dvd & have started several times but really need to keep going smile
sausagerollmodel - I'm 5'2" and a disgusting 14stone & it NEEDS to go. I'm getting married next year & have a dress to get into shock
I'll start on weds btw, back to work then too smile

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 30-Dec-12 20:15:49

I'm not going to do weight or measurements if that's ok. I'm TTCing, so this will be part of following the Marilyn Glenville 'get pregnant faster' plan. It also involves no alcohol, no sugar or unrefined carbs no fun so am hoping for a bit of weight loss, if not a pregnancy.

mellowcat Sun 30-Dec-12 20:16:08

Something I did last time was to make up a playlist on my ipod and, after a couple of sessions to get the hang of it, I muted JM (that felt good in itself!) and played my own music while shredding...made a massive difference to my motivation. Any ideas for tunes to shred to would be greatly appreciated.

ihatethecold Sun 30-Dec-12 20:17:42

I like it listen to tinie tempeh or Swedish house mafia. Really gets me motivated for the cardio sections.

mynameis Sun 30-Dec-12 20:20:50

Oh go on then, count me in even though I will ache like hell and be a wuss about it grin

Aethelfleda Sun 30-Dec-12 20:31:25

Um, can I join in? Come new year, I'm on the next bit of a three part weight loss thingy to get myself to post-baby fitness (ahem: the baby is now a year old!) . I'm five foot eight. Part one is done (15 stone 6 down to 14 stone). Next part involves exercise and diet to get myself from 14 stone to 12 stone 7. The final push if I ever make it (!) will be 12 stone 7 down to 11 stone something.
I have the shred but only made it ten days in last time before I got the lurgy and gave up. I'll start Tuesday.....

poachedeggs Sun 30-Dec-12 20:34:05

I'm lying on the sofa eating oatcakes with brie and redcurrant jelly, Sensations peanuts and drinking cider. DH is making a banoffee pie. I'm in no hurry for Tuesday grin

Worley Sun 30-Dec-12 20:35:59

mellowcat.. that's a good idea..
going to make a playlist now I think.

FriedSprout Sun 30-Dec-12 20:37:32

I'm in please, can do anything for about a week, after that I lose interest!

karatekimmi Sun 30-Dec-12 20:45:06

Hi can I join in too? I've done about 15 days of shred at te start of December and then got waylaid!!!
I'll start on the 1st as I'm boring not going out or staying up on NYE but I'm back at work on the 4th of feb after maternity leave so would like to fit back into my work clothes!

flapinko Sun 30-Dec-12 20:45:42

I'm in. Starting Wednesday (if recovered from cough/cold thing by then!)

ledkr Sun 30-Dec-12 20:47:25

Ill join but may not make Tuesday as I'm recovering from noro virus and supposed to be going racing.

angelinterceptor Sun 30-Dec-12 21:25:59

Yes I want in- tried This last year but have never got to level 2 yet.

Have chest infection but will try to start Wednesday.

juneau Sun 30-Dec-12 21:26:54

You lot have me in stitches - I think this might actually be fun (apart from the actual working out, which I'm anticipating will be tough for an achey, unfit crone such as myself).

And sausage I'm not sure JM can do much about your age or your hirsuteness grin

wem Sun 30-Dec-12 21:27:11

playlist is a brilliant idea! No idea what to put on it but Tinie Tempah sounds about right smile

juneau Sun 30-Dec-12 21:27:27

Oh and Calvin Harris always gets me jumping around the kitchen.

mellowcat Mon 31-Dec-12 08:32:49

Ihatethecold I have downloaded some Swedish house mafia and can't wait to get started, bring it on...

ihatethecold Mon 31-Dec-12 10:56:38

Mellowcat. im impressed!

just remember to put Jillian in the DVD player at the same time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now