Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

30-day shred in January

(662 Posts)
juneau Sun 30-Dec-12 17:44:58

Anyone want to join me?

orangina Tue 19-Feb-13 16:45:47

Hi all.... so sorry for radio silence, have been slightly haphazard and rubbish on the exercise front recently plus DH is away over half term and I have 2 kids to keep busy.....

Have been trying to shred, plus 5:2 plus I also started the c25k last week (great minds wisekneehair!), and am REALLY wanting to see more of a difference! Motivation slightly lacking in that the results are not exactly jumping out at me.....

hmm

did ripped L1 today for the first time, will probably go back to the shred L3, as it is more of a challenge, and Jillian is less bossy and more motivational in the shred....

fasted yesterday, and did day 2 of c25k, which I am also enjoying! Am really NOT enjoying my rolls of belly which have remained pretty static (re: shrinkage) since the initial excitement back in January I think. The fasting makes me completely obsessed with food and I am not really enjoying it, but hoping it will help with the belly fat issue....

Might even have another go at shred L3 tonight. Really really want to shift some of the gut before spring really appears. Plus we are off to the mountains after Easter, and if there is any snow left, I might even SKI (for the first time in a decade), and I could do with upping my fitness levels......

orangina Tue 19-Feb-13 16:46:13

Am super impressed with those of you who are doing more than 1 workout in a day!!!!!!!

shock

WiseKneeHair Tue 19-Feb-13 18:46:51

Wow orangina lots going on there. Good luck with the 5:2, I couldn't do that.
I really enjoyed my first go at C25K as well. I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. I'm sure all your hard work will pay off, just keep at it.

FreakoidOrganisoid Tue 19-Feb-13 19:47:48

Me too orangina- i only get motivated to do it by telling myself it is only 30 mins out of my day, if I had to do any more I think i would end up doing nothing blush

Haven't exercised today. Went for a cliff top walk with bf though and walked home from work so have at least been fairly active.

WiseKneeHair Thu 21-Feb-13 19:25:32

Evening. I am getting quite addicted to the exercise, tbh.
Did a brisk lunchtime walk yesterday, followed by day two of C25K when I got home from work, then lv 3 RI30 later in the evening.shock
I've just walked today and am unlikely to have chance to do any more and I am feeling a bit disappointed.
I think, for me, exercise really helps my mood, so once I start, I get addicted on the endorphins.

FreakoidOrganisoid Thu 21-Feb-13 19:57:12

Blimey wise!

I exercised today. Didn't yesterday and barely the day before iirc. Had to really force myself today but glad I did. Just really lacking in energy at the moment

I have lost the habit blush. visitors + jetlag + laziness mean I haven't done anything all week. And I've been eating out and scoffing the thank you chocs the visitors left blush blush

I'm signed up for a 4 mile run on Saturday morning, so hoping that will kick start me off again.

WiseKneeHair Fri 22-Feb-13 15:59:00

It's difficult isn't it neither when life gets in the way? Good luck with your run tomorrow.
I'm going to do day 3 of week 1 of C25K later, so I'm a lot bit behind you there!
Have a good weekend everyone.

Thank you WKH.

C25K is the best thing I ever did - I started it a couple of years ago (on a lovely thread here) and became addicted to running. I'm not fast, and I don't always go far (my longest distance is a half marathon) but I love it smile.

Off to shred - one of my colleagues comments on how toned my arms were looking this week, which has inspired me to keep going with the light weights grin

TomDudgeon Sat 23-Feb-13 01:18:33

I'm late but I've just ordered my DVD.
I need a march shred thread grin

Good grief, it's scary how 3 weeks of too much chocolate and not enough exercise has an effect. I struggled my way through level 2 and found it really hard shock. Now I'm back on the shred I need to stay on it!

ninja Sat 23-Feb-13 08:07:34

Well I had a good trip away but ca,e back not having done anything for over a week blush I had a light aikido session on Thursday and managed an 11 mile run yesterday grin ( I thought my friend was going for a short one! )

I discovered running a couple of years ago having always thought I'd hate it. I have lovely countryside around me and I surprised myself by loving it!

Need to get back to some toning so maybe extreme shred today.

My run this morning was great (so was the brunch afterwards grin). Soooo good to be back in the exercise groove!

Well done on your long one ninja!

WiseKneeHair Sat 23-Feb-13 18:39:02

Welcomed Tom, we should have started a February thread really, but a bit late now!
Well done on the runs ninja and neither.
It's great when someone comments on how good you look, isn't it? It's mostly my DH here saying my bum has got smaller grin I think he thinks its a good thing.
Walked, ran, did some abs and weights yesterday.
Haven't decided whether I'm doing anything today or not, only just hot in a short while ago from a Christening. Might do 6W6P later.

FreakoidOrganisoid Mon 25-Feb-13 15:50:17

I need to get back on it. Was very slack last week. Less than 4 weeks til my holiday too and want to look the best I can for that (tried on a bikini yesterday and bf said I looked hot though so that is good)

FreakoidOrganisoid Mon 25-Feb-13 19:52:40

Good workout today :-)
AND I had music channels on and a nelly furtado song came on and dd said my belly was as good as hers now grin grin grin

Still get sitting rolls and plank hang down but it is definitely improving.

ninja Tue 26-Feb-13 12:03:42

OK - so Saturday didn't manage anything, but ran 5.5 miles on Sunday and a reasonably fast 10.5 yesterday which wore me out completely.

Going skiing on Saturday so I just hope I've done enough to be fitter and not ache too much!

orangina Tue 26-Feb-13 14:11:32

Hi everyone! Glad to hear that we are all continuing to make progress.... and it's nice when it is noticed by others too..... DH says I am changing shape (yay!) and while I don't appear to have lost any more weight, there is definitely less spare flab to grip at tummy/hip level, so am determined to keep going. c25k is going slowly, hardly got the chance to do it last week, plus I am finding it SO DIFFICULT to make myself go outside unless absolutely necessary in this weather, but will have another go tomorrow I think..... freakoid, my sitting rolls and plank hang down are still there, but in reduced form too.... plus the texture of it all (ewww) is better, much smoother, no more lumpy custard.... hooray!

Am quite enjoying shred L3, so am keeping going on that for the time being. Am possibly going to dump the 5:2 diet, doesn't agree with my personality type and makes me hellishly grumpy.......

FreakoidOrganisoid Tue 26-Feb-13 19:56:29

I still have lumpy custard texture :-( but I'm currently much happier with my body and I think that's the main thing. Did a 20 min workout today. Better than nothing.

wem Tue 26-Feb-13 20:58:37

Hello everyone. Due to a series of very poor excuses I have totally dropped out. I have bought Ripped and am working up to getting going again. It looks so hard from the outside though!

Thinking of aiming for a fresh start in March, so will try to follow you all onto a new thread if you start one smile

Well done everyone, I'm mightily impressed with you all grin

Morning all! Good to see you wem. I've had some time out as well, but ran 3.5 miles yesterday, and did 6W6P this morning.

Looking forward to seeing you back in March!

orangina - I keep thinking about the 5:2 but have not plucked up the courage yet.

ninja - enjoy your ski-ing

Freakoid - as you say, anything is better than nothing!

Welcome Tom.

ninja Fri 01-Mar-13 00:41:43

Not back into this at all sad And I really want to be as that lovely lean feeling I was starting to get has all gone and I feel doughy again. I could also have done with the exercise this week to prepare for the skiing.

No post beating myself up though as work has been manic, as have the kids!

I'll be back in march!

Enjoy your ski-ing ninja!

Have you all gone off to a new thread, or are we staying here to fill this one up?

I ran 5k last night, and a mile tonight - I have signed up for a run at least a mile a day in March thing - so not sure how much shredding I will manage.

FreakoidOrganisoid Sat 02-Mar-13 10:57:04

Bf has suggested swimming this afternoon. Swimming. Involving swimwear. In local pool where I may encounter people I know. Deep breath.

FreakoidOrganisoid Sun 03-Mar-13 13:56:18

Didnt swim in the end, pool had inflatables session on then was booked for a party. After I had psyched myself up too! Took dc out on their bikes instead so had a 50 min brisk walk (even brisker after the dc ignored my don't go too far ahead and wait before you go round corners rule angry)

Today I need to do proper workout. My arms are killing me though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now