Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone else got the sore throat bug?

(29 Posts)
Veritate Sun 30-Dec-12 03:40:44

And if so, how long has it gone on for? I've had it for two weeks and it isn't getting any better.

rhondajean Fri 04-Jan-13 19:30:01

Oh no I think I'm starting ŵith this just in time for going back to work.

ToffeePenny Fri 04-Jan-13 19:27:06

Central London here - symptoms started exactly like lurkers in early November After 3 & weeks I went to doctor, had picked up 2 chest infections so prescribed antibiotics. Back at doc's a week after that - test revealed I have pneumonia.

needtogetoffsofa Fri 04-Jan-13 19:18:50

hi, started with symptoms 22nd dec, still feel like shit! temperature, aches, cough, breathlessness and sore eyes!! how much longer?

Mockingcurl Thu 03-Jan-13 21:47:08

Felt appalling today. Went to Gp. I have glandular fever. Bloody marvellous. hmm

Mockingcurl Mon 31-Dec-12 22:52:17

Bloody hell,the sodding thing has come back!!
I had it at the end of November and have felt fine, apart from one gland in neck that refused to go down.
I woke up this morning feeling rubbish. Both glands up and same old sore throat, headache symptoms. hmm

Elderflowergranita Sun 30-Dec-12 22:42:29

I've had it 12 days now, gradually getting slightly better.

I'm in the west of Ireland, so the bug knows no boundaries smile. Seems to be rampant here as well.

laughalot Sun 30-Dec-12 22:08:15

I had it any my little boy over christmas sore throat, sore ears and major headache went to the doctors and he said viral and it takes up to 2 weeks to get over. Its horrid xxx

sudaname Sun 30-Dec-12 22:07:14

Had it for four days and really violent sneezing nearly blowing mi ears off grinIt started off with terrible heartburn which l never ever get (self diagnosed on Dr Google)and then next day it was just still the terrible burning but now just in my throat. Really bad head cold with matching headache now and tickly cough. All good fun.

Think l got it off my DGCs - good job theyre cute !

Rolf Sun 30-Dec-12 22:05:01

I've had it for about 10 days, so has DH and DS1. We've all got coughs as well. Horrible hacking coughs that make us feel sick and bring up lots of phlegmy stuff. Last night I coughed so much my chest hurt and my heart was thumping like crazy <hypochondriac blush>. We all feel awful and it just doesn't seem to get any better. We're in the north west.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sun 30-Dec-12 21:57:49

I'm going to be ill for another week?! shock yup, feels like I've swallowed a golf ball. Snuffly too and have lots pain in one ear - unsure if its infection or swollen gland. Just completed day 1 of three long days. Roll on Monday night when I can collapse and die

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chillikat Sun 30-Dec-12 19:30:07

Hmm, sounds like mine - sore throat (not too bad) and my tongue kind of feels like I've burnt it on hot soup and I've got a few sore spots on it. I'm also knackered but have been blaming that on toddler teething and not having a decent nights sleep for 2 weeks.

Should I be off to the docs tomorrow?

Chickengirl Sun 30-Dec-12 19:24:33

I have it too. Can barely speak let alone swallow without intense pain. Got penicillin today and waiting for it to kick in.

jammin Sun 30-Dec-12 17:20:47

Sore throat appeared a couple of days ago, and I also felt really fatigued. Went to the OOH GP yesterday as it was really painful and had white spots at the back of the throat etc, but no accompanying cold symptoms (runny nose etc). GP took one look and said it was strep throat. I've had strep throat once before and it was absolutely terrible - the back of my throat was totally white with pus and almost closed up by the time I went to the doctor! I'm glad this time I recognised the signs and went to the GP straight away. I'm on penicillin now, seems to be a tiny bit better (definitely not any worse anyway!).

Yes I went to dr and had a swab it was strep throat have had penicillin but it has come back again. Had a sore throat cold for over a month now!

QueenOfCats Sun 30-Dec-12 16:59:39

West London / Middx here

TheApprentice Sun 30-Dec-12 15:58:06

OP I could have written your post. am in Scotland. 2 weeks later and I still feel rubbish. Now feel breathless too. So fed up!

Mockingcurl Sun 30-Dec-12 15:55:36

I had that about a month ago. I felt shit for about two weeks.

I am in Staffordshire.

Karbea Sun 30-Dec-12 15:27:16

I'm in gerrards cross.

Where is everyone (apart from in bed) - is it a national thing?

I'm in Milton Keynes.

Mine sounds almost exactly like Lurker's. Nice!

PoppyWearer Sun 30-Dec-12 15:15:54

I've got the sore eyes thing too! Had it since last weekend, had one evening where it was really sore and I could barely see.

sameasyoubutdifferent Sun 30-Dec-12 15:04:15

ooh glad it's not just me. Had sore throat and temp since last Sun. Dry cough, aches all over and now my eyes are sore, red and weepy. feelin really sorry for myself.

PoppyWearer Sun 30-Dec-12 14:59:54

I had the sore throat a good number of days before Christmas, it changed to sinus pain on Christmas Day, so I had a sinus headache all Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Still have a slight headache/tooth ache now and full of mucus/snot/catarrh. So that's ten days and counting since it started, I guess?

BloominMarvellous Sun 30-Dec-12 14:53:06

Sore throat here for two weeks. Impossible to chew on my left side and is now turning into an ear infection.

Every time I swallow I feel like I am swallowing a small dog sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now