Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period with mirena

(9 Posts)
Witco Sun 09-Dec-12 21:41:24

I continued to have periods for about 9 months after I had the mire a fitted, then they gradually reduced to nothing. What a relief, it's fantastic

mejon Sun 09-Dec-12 21:30:53

I've had my 2nd one in for around 18m and I'm still getting a monthly period. Much lighter and shorter than 'normal' though - I can usually get away without any protection at all though last month's was heavier and longer... hmmm. Didn't get any with my first Mirena though.

botandhothered Sat 08-Dec-12 17:35:40

I have much lighter periods, but they last longer, now on 7th day.Though needed tampons for just 1 day. Panty liners for other days.

innoparticularorder Sat 08-Dec-12 17:15:32

I've had mirena for over 3 years and have always had regular, heavy periods that last 10 days.

Mynewmoniker Sat 08-Dec-12 17:12:47

I had a really light period for 6mths after and now and again a bit of spotting for two days. Not enough to use more than a panty liner. BRILLIANT!!!

RandomMess Sat 08-Dec-12 16:43:54

Same as MsElleTow - they were lighter but still monthly <<sigh>>

MsElleTow Sat 08-Dec-12 16:38:28

When I had the Mirena I still had periods as regular as clockwork.

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Sat 08-Dec-12 16:36:42

It doesn't always stop them. I sometimes get a light bleed but it is contained with a panty liner or regular sanitary towel.

banana87 Sat 08-Dec-12 16:31:13

I had the mirena put in 9 months ago. I stopped breastfeeding about 2 months ago and since Thursday I've been having a light period. I thought you weren't supposed to have a period with the mirena??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now