Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Constipation in pregnancy?

(10 Posts)
LilllyLovesLife Fri 30-Nov-12 07:48:14

Anything I can do about it? I'm eating weetabix for breakfast, usually a sandwich or something for lunch, fruit between meals and a family meal in the evening. Any ideas? Not sure there is any tablets or anything I can take? Just feel so bloated and horrible and when my tummy gets full, I end up throwing up as there is no space for the food. Also get pains from it. I'm 32 weeks.
Thanks in advance

cheekybaubles Fri 30-Nov-12 13:39:37

All you need to do is sprinkle a tablespoonful of oatbran on your weetabix in the morning. Good advice from radiographer. Hth

flemer Sat 01-Dec-12 10:55:12

To overcome this disease the main thing you need to do is that you should take fabric diet,eat green leaf vegetables, avoid crispy and fast food.Do not take red meat and do daily walk about half hour in a regular way.You should avoid dry fruit instead take citrus food.

cheekybaubles Sat 01-Dec-12 20:38:49

Disease?

posypom Sat 01-Dec-12 21:01:15

I had the same problem when I was pregnant and tried all sorts, but I found the beat thing was a glass of prune juice every morning with my breakfast, which sorted me out much better than anything else.

I found it hard to stomach the taste to begin with but I got used to it, and a dash of orange/apple juice makes a big difference. If you prefer, a few dried prunes on your cereal works too. Or tinned prunes with Greek yoghurt's good too. Can you tell I ate a lot of prunes when I was pregnant? wink

Hope you feel better soon.

cheekybaubles Sun 02-Dec-12 15:19:37

Sounds prunetastic posy grin

nightcat Sun 02-Dec-12 18:50:03

it's the weetabix, sets like concrete and stomach acid doesn't digest it, try scrambled egg instead
you can also add some flaxseeds to any meal, like a 1/4 of a teaspoon or so, but you need to increase liquids when doing it

tabbycat15 Mon 03-Dec-12 01:57:44

Ash in the chemist for lactolose. It is gentle & just makes the vowel take up water. Ok for use in pregnancy. Liquorice & prun juice is good.

buildingmycorestrength Wed 05-Dec-12 19:48:22

Also ... beetroot and spinach get things moving, and drink loads and loads of water.

snowqueenrollo Wed 05-Dec-12 20:06:02

i'm taking one sachet of Fybogel a day and it's keeping things just right. I got complacent and stopped having it and soon realised that was a mistake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now