QUIIIICK, am on the phone to Orange... should i get a Samsung Note? or something else?!

(91 Posts)
AitchTwoOhOneTwo Thu 08-Nov-12 10:42:40

am on HOLD, obv. we're currently receiving a very high number of calls...

is the Note just silly? what's the most recent one? am an android fan, have loved the HTC desire for last two years.

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Wed 14-Nov-12 13:47:13

you know it makes sense.

TigerFeet Wed 14-Nov-12 12:19:06

Looks like I'm getting a Note then when the time comes not at all because I want to draw a massive spurting knob on my phone, oh no

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Tue 13-Nov-12 13:14:11

yup, same here. a colossal spurter. <lowers tone> i think it's the law.

FanjoForTheMammaries Tue 13-Nov-12 13:12:27

<mature>

FanjoForTheMammaries Tue 13-Nov-12 13:12:17

first thing I drew was a big willy grin

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Tue 13-Nov-12 12:49:29

the kids were in BITS last night using the s-pen to draw all over photos of themselves. i'm not a fan of games, particularly, they seem to cause my two to fight, but this was hilarious. i really can't believe this bit of kit.

battery life is crazy awesome on the note as well, good idea to check if the galaxy is similar.

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Tue 13-Nov-12 12:46:12

"The Note II and the S3 are identical except that the Note II is bigger."

Except the Note 2 also has the S Pen and the associated wonderfulness which goes with it!

BertieBotts Mon 12-Nov-12 20:28:46

The original Note or the S2 would wipe the floor with the Wildfire S!

BertieBotts Mon 12-Nov-12 20:27:38

Either will blow you away in comparison to a Wildfire S grin

BertieBotts Mon 12-Nov-12 20:27:09

The Note II and the S3 are identical except that the Note II is bigger.

TigerFeet Mon 12-Nov-12 15:11:17

Hmm, do I? Why? Is it shinier? Will it make my friends go "oooh" more loudly?

Contract not up for a couple of months so plenty of time wibble about it. Glad I asked before actually ringing up grin

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Mon 12-Nov-12 14:47:53

you want a note.

TigerFeet Mon 12-Nov-12 14:13:47

Hmmm

I've been ogling the S3 (have HTC wildfire s atm, is small and not v powerful but I still interweb on it far more than on my laptop which suddenly seems enormous and unwieldy).

Do I want a Note 2 instead?

Sorry Aitch can't help with your last post as I have absolutely no bloody idea what you're on about grin

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Mon 12-Nov-12 14:11:55

do you know what... i don't think it does. a message flashed up saying that it didn't blooming well work wiht google calendar. why that would be i do not know...

niceguy2 Mon 12-Nov-12 14:07:47

Not tried it with livemail but it works flawlessly with Google Calendar. In fact, our whole family runs on it. Appointments go onto our shared family calendar and everyone knows where we are supposed to be and what we're doing. DD has iphone, OH has Android too and DS has ipod touch. All work fine.

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Mon 12-Nov-12 13:58:03

can anyone successfully sync their calendars between phone and, say, livemail?
i can get it (via hotmail) to do laptop > phone but not the other way around, which is a bit of an arse.
i was hoping Kies would do all this, but it can't find anything to hook up to when i try it.

NetworkGuy Mon 12-Nov-12 13:38:06

I don't use Swype - I tried SlideIT and bought that - I don't slide my fingers around and turn off predictive word guesses whenever possible smile

NetworkGuy Mon 12-Nov-12 13:34:14

marking my place...

Having had a 7" tablet for 10+ months but knowing it's not ideal when out (as I would have to use tethering which isn't officially allowed on my contract, but works well, I can see how much I might like the Note 2

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sun 11-Nov-12 19:51:13

I genuinely can't believe how good the handwriting recognition is on the Note 2 with the S pen. It can read my rubbish scrawly script almost effortlessly.

Thanks for the info on the case niceguy I may have to consider getting one now....or perhaps when they get a bit cheaper!

DameFanny Sun 11-Nov-12 19:49:33

Oh arse! And bollocks too!

Haberdashery Sun 11-Nov-12 19:44:42

LOL at 'bullocks'.

BertieBotts Sun 11-Nov-12 18:44:06

I got to play with test a Note II at work the other day - I LOVE the pen thing! It's so beautiful!

I could never own one (I have tiny hands and a propensity to drop things) but they are oh so pretty, and have some pretty nice features, too!

Honey I'm the same, I thought I was going to go with an iPhone (after having a HTC desire S). But I keep looking at the Note and thinking 'my toddler could watch button moon so much easier on that screen'.

Impending toddler and newborn keeps swaying me to the big screened button moon phone. grin

DameFanny Sun 11-Nov-12 17:56:01

Piss, Fuck, Bullocks, shit, wankbadger. See? Just add to the dictionary wink

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sun 11-Nov-12 17:47:39

No swype with the note, but Samsung has its own version. The one I am using now, actually. .. Only thing is it is quite shit for punctuation. Oh, and swearing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now