Any ideas where I can buy a tree stump?

(14 Posts)
Lyra75 Sat 24-Apr-10 11:43:45

I'd like to set up an outside kitchen in our tiny garden, and I'd like it to be from reclaimed/recycled materials as much as possible. I was thinking that a couple of tree stumps would make excellent seats for my two wee ones. I thought it would be a matter of doing a quick google search but all that comes up is extortionate bespoke furniture or tree stump killer! Anyone bought untreated tree stumps before? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

sylar Sat 24-Apr-10 11:51:50

can't you go into nearby woodland and find one?

Guess you'd have to take a wheelbarrow

jonicomelately Sat 24-Apr-10 12:06:34

Look up tree surgeons in the yellow pages and try them.

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Sat 24-Apr-10 12:17:17

What a lovely idea!
I always hankered after a huge, wide one to use as a general play surface in the garden, but never thought to call a tree surgeon. You'd probably find one who'd be happy to let you have one for a delivery charge.

Lyra75 Sat 24-Apr-10 19:09:37

Thanks for that, excellent idea that was nowhere near crossing my mind!! I've checked out a couple of local tree surgeons online and they all sell wood on as firewood so hopefully will be happy to sell a couple of stumps.

WomblesAbound Mon 26-Apr-10 19:41:04

Roughly where are you, and what size tree stump are you looking for (diameter and height)?

<<hovers eagerly with chainsw in hand>>

WomblesAbound Mon 26-Apr-10 19:42:36

Sorry, just looked at you profile page and realised you live about 8 hours drive from me.

instructionstothedouble Mon 26-Apr-10 19:44:00

Message withdrawn

cat64 Mon 26-Apr-10 20:04:12

Message withdrawn

Haliborange Mon 26-Apr-10 20:06:59

You could contact the Forestry Commission and see if they can help.

OnlyWantsOne Mon 26-Apr-10 20:12:57

I would find a local tree surgery and call them - like what has been said

My brother is a tree surgeon and has "donated" some stuff like this to a local school.

If you live in East Anglia I can hook you up x

Rhumba Thu 29-Apr-10 17:45:29

Hi not sure if you're still reading this and travel over west much but I'm in the southside of glasgow and have recently chopped (not personally) a tree down. have loads of stumps in the garden if you want to help yourself you are more than welcome

Katymac Thu 29-Apr-10 17:59:03

OnlywantsOne - I'm in East Anglia & I want some logs for sitting on (I can pay)

user88 Sat 05-Nov-16 12:39:55

Hi smile I have read about your brother, maybe I could have 2 tree stumps also me smile I know that this message is from 2010, but however I try. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now