Can anyone identify this geranium?

(9 Posts)
TrionicLettuce Sat 06-Aug-16 21:20:10

Rather stupidly I didn't keep the tag or make a note of the variety when I planted it. It's doing really well in my garden and I really want some more but I don't have a clue what the variety is.

Can anyone put a name to it?

whatsthisthen Sat 06-Aug-16 21:22:37

Why don't you just pick off one leaf & flower & take them to the garden centre to match it?

acatcalledjohn Sat 06-Aug-16 21:25:13

Looks like the dwarf geranium in my garden, though, yours appears to trail more. Couldn't tell you the official name though. Sorry!

FestiveFran Sat 06-Aug-16 21:29:26

You could divide the plant you have easily enough if you're game http://greenthumbzone.com/how-to-divide-hardy-geraniums/

CatherineDeB Sat 06-Aug-16 21:37:47

Try Geranium wargrave pink.

TrionicLettuce Sat 06-Aug-16 21:46:44

I didn't know dwarf geraniums were a thing (I'm very new at this gardening lark blush) and a quick google has thrown up Orkney Pink which looks like a very strong contender, thank you acat!!

junebirthdaygirl Sat 06-Aug-16 22:00:26

Looks like my pink geranium. Its grows and spreads rapidly popping up in unexpected places. So you may not need to buy more. It makes a great ground cover

acatcalledjohn Sat 06-Aug-16 22:10:46

You are welcome! Mine is also appearing in random places. If it appears dead, don't remove. Geraniums are insanely hardy and will spring back to life!

Footle Sun 07-Aug-16 09:51:00

It might be called Jean someone-or-other. HTH !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now