Easter Sunday lunch

(8 Posts)
TiredandGrumpy2014 Sun 13-Mar-16 13:30:14

What are you all cooking for Easter Sunday lunch? I'm hosting the in laws- 5 adults and 1 toddler. Is lamb the traditional roast meet for Easter? I'm not a big fan of lamb myself but happy to cook it for others- but just need some tips on how as I have only cooked it once or twice before!

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 13-Mar-16 17:50:05

I think a multi course fish meal, just for me and my 14yr old, but I may go for lamb too, maybe with a Greek theme.

Laska5772 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:00:21

Lamb is expensive at Easter , because its supposedly 'traditional' and they (ithink cynically) push the price right up for easter ( and increasingly Turkey also it seems ) .

I might do a gammon (which we have French style with parsley sauce and boiled new potatoes ) , or roast pork , or sometimes just even a nice big traybake
Jamie Oliver 'Hit n run' Traybake is fab (cant seem to get his website site working at the moment but its on thel ink above also ) ,

iklboo Sun 13-Mar-16 18:03:28

Four bird roast - I don't like lamb. I cook it for DH & DS, but he's happy for us something we can all eat this year.

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 13-Mar-16 18:10:37

I got a reduced lamb shoulder for £5 the other week so it's in my freezer if I choose that.

Mummyoftwo91 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:13:32

We are having an assortment of home made curries with naan, rice and other extras! Not traditional in the slightest grin

almabts Wed 16-Mar-16 06:50:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Higge Thu 17-Mar-16 08:01:07

We're doing a curry feast too! Might do a lamb Rogan Josh as a vague nod to the season.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now