Simply Nigella - which recipes are good?

(13 Posts)
WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 04-Jan-16 19:20:06

I ordered this book from the library and didn't think I'd like it. Only watched the first episode of the tv show as decided she winds me up too much with her simpering breathlessness.

Some of the recipes look really good. Anyone tried any which they'd recommend?

Cookingongas Tue 05-Jan-16 22:32:55

Not much help, but I had this for Christmas and can't find anything I want to make. -- cakes not allowed when dieting-- But I'm not deterred - I'm making the ( weird sounding) double sprout and rice bowl tomorrow as I have many many sprouts to get through. I'll let you know how horrific it is it turns out.

If you try any recipes which end up nice do update though

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 05-Jan-16 23:06:40

Will do. I'm going to make the Malasyian chicken tomorrow.

saltedcaramelhotchoc Wed 06-Jan-16 10:26:40

The fish tacos are simple but nice, ditto the chicken and sweet potato dish. I liked the Malaysian chicken.

I didn't care for the Indian shepherds pie (just a bit heavy and meh) and the Dahl is dull. The spiced cod is nice but there are more exciting versions. The criss cross potatoes weren't very inspiring. The peanut butter cookies are very good though!

SandrasAnnoyingFriend Wed 06-Jan-16 10:35:31

The braised short ribs are excellent, as are the lamb ribs and the feta, avocado and red onion salad.

slicedfinger Wed 06-Jan-16 11:25:27

I can't remember the name, but the chicken breast dipped in mustard and cornflakes is absolutely gorgeous.

firesidechat Fri 08-Jan-16 14:36:11

The sweet and sour slaw was delicious.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Fri 08-Jan-16 17:38:55

I'm trying to diet at the minute so will try the salad and fish tacos as they sound healthy.

The Malaysian chicken was very nice. Have also made the breakfast bars which are lovely. Very impressed.

EricNorthmanSucks Sat 09-Jan-16 15:04:47

I made Chicken Cosima on Thursday and family wolfed it!

almondfinger Sat 09-Jan-16 20:17:52

I just made the braised short ribs and they were vile. It was a big fatty, oily mess.

I followed the recipe, the fat didn't render down as much as it should have. We were all trying to find something else to eat to remove the greasy taste from our mouths. (I got the ribs from my butcher by the way)

Bloody Nigella, never again.

MadauntofA Sat 09-Jan-16 20:54:36

Not sure if in the book, but the spicy cauliflower and chickpeas are delicious

WanttoFindWorkLifeBalance Sat 09-Jan-16 20:58:32

The chilli is excellent - well worth a try.

shortaris1 Sun 10-Jan-16 20:54:12

I love the Indian Spiced Cod and the Chicken Shawarma. Oh and the cornflakes one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now