NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

What to do with leftover roast lamb?

(12 Posts)
Nightfall1983 Tue 17-Dec-13 09:24:13

Have got masses of lamb left from our Sunday roast, usually we have reheated roast and trimmings on the Monday and then on Tuesday I'll turn it into a curry. So yesterday DH and DS had reheated roast and I was on a night out... for a curry...

I don't fancy curry again tonight - any good ideas for something different? Other things we often do with leftovers are fried rice, stir-fry and Spanish omelette but would love more ideas please smile

StainlessSteelCat Tue 17-Dec-13 09:43:00

shepherd's pie. I chop up roast lamb, fry it off, add some water/wine/stock/red currant jelly to make gravy (I once saved the gravy from the roast, best by far!) then chuck into oven dish, top with mash. bake to brown potatoes.

otherwise, anything you can make with lamb - moussaka and koftas spring to mind.

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Tue 17-Dec-13 09:47:59

I second shepherds pie

Ladyflip Tue 17-Dec-13 09:50:47

I third shepherd's pie!

PoisonousCentipede Tue 17-Dec-13 09:57:15

Usually shepherd's pie here too until last week when DH made some fantastic Cornish pasties. Said he was bored of my shepherd's pie.

I had a lamb hotpot yesterday with our Sunday leftover, it was lovely

MarthasChin Tue 17-Dec-13 10:00:55

Lamb and mint sauce paninis

pinkcheese Tue 17-Dec-13 11:41:04

Lamb pilaf is our family fave for leftovers. I make it with red peppers, onions, 1 red chilli but most other veg you have knocking about will do.
Google a recipe. Put the lamb in at the end to heat through if its already cooked.

LucyLasticKnickers Tue 17-Dec-13 11:44:17

in wraps? with a spicey sauce

MmeCinqAnneauxDor Tue 17-Dec-13 11:45:20

Stovies!

Nightfall1983 Tue 17-Dec-13 13:46:34

Wow fab thanks all. Never would have occurred to me to make shepherds pie since I usually make that with mince but we love it so I'll give it a go grin

Add small chunks to pasta sauce/lasagne/moussaka

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now