Have wild garlic, and it's the weekend

(7 Posts)
slightlysoupstained Fri 12-Apr-13 18:56:24

What would you do with it? Thinking something with mushrooms & cream at the mo, bit likely to have some left after that...

tigerlilygrr Sat 13-Apr-13 06:54:39

I've never had wild garlic. Is it a big bulb? If so i would wrap in foil and roast and then eat as a side dish, I adore garlic cooked like that. (And luckily so does my DH!)

SirDoris Sat 13-Apr-13 07:01:52

Basically treat it like spinach. Wild garlic pesto is fab. Or if you've not got as much time stir through scrambled egg or into an omelette or risotto. Enjoy!

slightlysoupstained Sat 13-Apr-13 10:54:15

SirDoris DP made mushroom risotto with it last night, scrambled egg sounds good, as does pesto.

tigerlilly It's leaves (or sometimes flowers) rather than a bulb - pic here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allium_ursinum

Mutt Sat 13-Apr-13 11:06:29

Thanks for this thread - there is masses of wild garlic where we live and I'm always wondering what to do with it.

The dog gorges herself on the white flower heads just before they open out and then has garlic breath (and garlic farts hmm) for days afterwards!

slightlysoupstained Fri 19-Apr-13 19:55:59

Have now tried all suggestions except pesto, though I did add a good chopped handful to spaghetti. This made my baby smell of garlic grin

Thanks for ideas! Scrambled eggs was particularly nice (and easy!).

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sat 20-Apr-13 14:55:52

I'm trying it in coleslaw for a barbecue this evening. Found a brilliant crop today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now