who wants to help me meal plan incorporating BLW?

(10 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 17-Feb-13 21:36:09

And homemade burgers always go down well in our house and the Oder ones can virtually manage cooking them by themselves smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 17-Feb-13 21:35:06

DS likes cooking corn quesadillas, nice cheap alternative to horse meat grin

How about toad in the hole with lots of veg or beef stew?

Lookslikerain Sun 17-Feb-13 20:53:30

My DD is almost 1 and we did blw too.

She loves pretty much anything spread on toast: cream cheese, sardine pâté, cheese on toast, toast dipped in soup etc.

Pasta is always a winner. I do penne for easy picking up. We're having pasta and meatballs this week.

Meat cut into strips or pieces, roast chicken, beef casserole etc. Baked ham went down very well last week with a cheesy potato bake. We do shepherds pie type pies too, but use sliced potato on top rather than mash as its easier for her.

Also did ham and cheese omelettes last week. I think this weeks menu also has breaded chicken pieces and homemade pizza. I'm trying lasagna tomorrow night. Hoping she can pick that up!

I'm sure I do more than that but my brain has gone blank! Hopefully something there helps anyway.

LowLevelWhinging Sun 17-Feb-13 15:30:04

brilliant, thanks to both! I'm not very confident cooking fish. It's goes tough so easily (in my hands anyway).

anyone else got any suggestions?

tory79 Sun 17-Feb-13 15:22:26

I am butting in, but this fish pie is ridiculously easy and really yummy, I did slop a bit of milk over the fish before sticking it in the oven though.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 17-Feb-13 15:21:01

i make a cheapo version of this delia one - basically doing the rosti topping and using the same sauce, but with a pack of supermarket white fish, and some frozen king prawns

LowLevelWhinging Sun 17-Feb-13 15:18:45

thanks Charlotte. Do you have a fish pie recipe you'd recommend?

googles quesadilla grin

tory79 Sun 17-Feb-13 15:18:17

DS can't get enough mac n cheese at the moment!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 17-Feb-13 15:14:53

fish pie - not strictly BLW i guess, but mine have both shovelled in fistfuls of it at 10mo
omelettes, sliced into fingers, with homemade wedges
homemade pizza
quesedillas with salad
anything served with corn on the cob on the side

LowLevelWhinging Sun 17-Feb-13 14:04:51

My mind has gone blank and we keep having the same meals.

DCs are 7, 5 and 10 months.

The older ones have school dinners so don't necessarily need a massive tea.

I'm particularly struggling with thinking of BLW stuff that we can all have.

Our staples are:

spag bol
tuna pasta
beans on toast
sandwiches/cheese and crackers/grapes etc

erm...

the baby eats a lot of bread sticks and hummous, pitta, bananas, apple, melon, though she seems to get much wider choices on the two days she's at nursery - garlic bread, pie, potatoes etc.

Please inspire me, I'm in the mood for cooking and I'm just doing my online shop which will arrive tomorrow evening, so I'm looking for Tues-Mon.

Thank y'all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now