Can I leave a casserole in the oven overnight?

(6 Posts)
SeeBoobies Fri 15-Feb-13 21:37:15

Thanks for the advice everyone - sorry - bit slow replying. Cooled it quickly in the end. Kids refused to eat the damn thing next day anyway obviously. . .

StickEmUp Fri 15-Feb-13 08:05:12

I live in a flat and the section downstairs we keep out tumble dryer in (it is within our property) is freezing. if you have a cold place in your house, put tin foil over it And leave it there. I then put it in the fridge when i wake up.

If you don't have a cold area, might be a good tip for another reader.

chutneypig Thu 14-Feb-13 06:33:55

If it was piping hot and you haven't opened the casserole, I would think you're fine. Anything that was in it will be dead from the cooking and if you haven't opened it no other organisms will have leapt in. Just reheat thoroughly.

Otherworld Thu 14-Feb-13 06:28:42

Agree with Cogito. But it's probably too late now! I'd have cooled it quickly.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 14-Feb-13 06:17:38

It's best to cool food down quickly rather than slowly and reheat to piping hot if you're intending to eat it at a later date. 'Tepid' food is a haven for bacteria.

SeeBoobies Wed 13-Feb-13 22:45:11

I'm cooking a beef casserole in the oven tonight and it will be ready at eleven. Can I turn the oven off and leave it there overnight or am I risking food poisoning?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now