NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

and whilst i'm cooking, what do you top your pavlova with?

(17 Posts)
Mulledandmerry Wed 26-Dec-12 17:43:41

Just that really smile

KindleMum Wed 26-Dec-12 17:45:12

For us, raspberries or occasionally a summer berry mix

LynetteScavo Wed 26-Dec-12 17:48:29

Cream and rapberries (or strawberries). I'm very dull.

Dexidoo Wed 26-Dec-12 17:48:40

Usually raspberries but did cherries and drizzled with melted dark choc for pud yesterday. It was yum

LynetteScavo Wed 26-Dec-12 17:49:00

rapberries are far cooler than raspberries, obviously!

lechatnoir Wed 26-Dec-12 17:51:08

Cream, apricots & pistachio

Mulledandmerry Wed 26-Dec-12 17:52:05

Like the sound of the rapberries smile. Are the cherries tinned or fresh? I have a jar of them in kirsh.

Mulledandmerry Wed 26-Dec-12 17:53:24

Lechat..could you elaborate a little..that sounds quite unusual. (In a good way!)

Piffpaffpoff Wed 26-Dec-12 17:55:24

Cream and smashed up Flake.

Blueberries and raspberries, lots of cream.

How about honeycomb and nuts?

Dexidoo Wed 26-Dec-12 18:02:11

I used tinned cherries but I'm sure boozy jarred ones would work well too

ScienceRocks Wed 26-Dec-12 18:46:42

Passion fruit, every time.

lechatnoir Wed 26-Dec-12 23:50:55

I'm crap at baking but this Apricot & Pistachio Pavlova is totally foolproof & really delicious & you can use fresh, tinned or dried apricots all work well & I often use a mixture.

Trizelda Wed 26-Dec-12 23:58:09

Mascerpone (and a bit of milk) with lemon curd beaten into it...topped with blackberries. (Courtesy of Waitrose magazine).

Fresh cream, tinned mandarins (yes really! Thanks mum!) and a crumbled flake.

Sometimes tinned pears. One year my uncle tried to cut open the tinned pears with a bow saw grin

redmayneslips Tue 01-Jan-13 19:46:26

I make a hazelnut meringue, when it is cooled, spread a thick layer of dulche de leche (caramel) over it, top with whipped cream and raspberries and grate dark choc over the whole thing - delicious!

middleagedspread Sat 12-Jan-13 06:37:53

Is it too late to share?
Double cream whipped then a big dollop of lemon curd stirred in, topped of with the insides of 2 passion fruit. So pretty & tasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now