Can I?

(3 Posts)
sillibillie Sat 20-Aug-16 12:13:10

I am currently breastfeeding my almost 8 month old. Am I able to do this 5:2 diet? Do I have to follow different rules? Thanks to anyone that can help

Jayne266 Sat 20-Aug-16 16:16:52

I was always told not to fast when breastfeeding.

gardengirl88 Sat 20-Aug-16 18:35:49

Join us in the main thread. There are lots of bf there. I am ebf my 7 mo and have been doing 5:2 since..erm...can't remember. March maybe? I feel great. Admittedly I vary my fd depending on growth spurts/horrendous nights (500-800ish)...but this isn't because I need the milk/energy but rather that I am comfort eating!. One thing to bear in mind is that you might not actually see the scale shifting but will still be changing shape/gaining health benefits. I have found it nigh impossible to shift the final 3kgs but have chalked it up to milk boobs/bf holding onto fat (I'm well within healthy bmi so more tricky to lose the remainder to get to pre-org weight)

I hated the ridiculous advice I was given by health professionals ("take a snickers to bed with you so you keep up your energy"...yeah...ok, thanks Dr Obesityassistence) and found t impossible to stop eating carbs once I'd started. 5:2 is fab and flexible and sustainable and a total way of life. if nothing else, and if full on fasts seem a bit out of reach then you could ease into it by STOPPING ALL SNACKING. It makes a world of difference. Hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now