2 Weeks of 4:3 and I've put weight on! What am I doing wrong?

(5 Posts)
NewNameforNewTerm Fri 16-Aug-13 12:13:00

I've been 4:3-ing for two weeks now, so 6 fast days. On the non-fast days I'm sticking to around 1,200 cals. On fast days I'm at 500. I weighed myself the day after my first fast and had lost a pound. Then I decided not to weigh myself until I had completed the next week, i.e. today. I am devastated to find I've gained 2lb! I've kept a food diary and double checked my calorie intake for the weeks to check I'm not overeating on non-fast days, I've drunk lots of water, I've kept my exercise level constant, post-menopause so no hormonal fluctuations. What am I doing wrong?

I'm no expert but I think not enough on non-fat days. Work out what you should eat to maintain and then eat that on non-fast days.

MarieB1974 Wed 21-Aug-13 23:26:41

On the plan I follow which is similar people sometimes lose inches round their middle on the first few weeks but no pounds. Stick with it, scales will start to move soon...

Mintyy Wed 21-Aug-13 23:29:04

1200 calories on nfd seems very low. Where did you get that figure from?

goforthejobular Wed 21-Aug-13 23:36:22

So you're dieting on 4 days, fasting on the others? Eat more and have some good fats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now