Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

2 periods 12 days apart after Birth

(5 Posts)
Charlottex Thu 20-Oct-16 11:54:04

Hi
My 1st baby was Stillborn at 40+4 in August.
We have been TTC again since 26th september. I have had my 1st period which was 7th-11th October but came on again yesterday (19th october) so I stopped bleeding for 8 days and have been having sex during the 8 days and have now come on again?! Has this happened to anyone before?
Thank you x

GentlyGentlyOhDear Thu 20-Oct-16 11:59:26

Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby.
After birth I had what I thought was my first period and then another about ten days after. I rang the doctors who said it was probably a 'breakthrough' bleed and nothing to worry about.

Charlottex Thu 20-Oct-16 14:17:54

Thank you, don't mean to sound dull but what is a breakthrough bleed? did it just happen once or did it keep happening every time you had a period? thank you for your reply.

Charlottex Thu 20-Oct-16 14:40:17

Thank you, don't mean to sound dull but what is a breakthrough bleed? did it just happen once or did it keep happening every time you had a period? thank you for your reply.

GentlyGentlyOhDear Wed 26-Oct-16 09:31:02

Sorry I've just seen your reply. Just due to hormone getting back to normal and body trying to ovulate again. It didn't happen again - only that once and then my periods were back to normal after that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now