Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what contraception would you choose post baby?

(5 Posts)
biscuitnoodle Fri 23-May-14 23:27:25

I am 28, have two DS's the youngest of which is 3 weeks. Im not planning anymore children, at least not for five or so years. Im not breastfeeding. In an ideal world I want contraception that provides protection without mood swings, without bleeding and without loss of libido and other unwanted side effects.

Does that exist??

What contraception would you choose?

Notfastjustfurious Fri 23-May-14 23:30:56

Last time I chose the implant, that did not go well so ended up back on the pill which was no bother. Have heard good things about the mirena coil which lasts about 5 years. I'm sending dh for the big v after my baby is born but that's because we're done with procreation.

biscuitnoodle Sat 24-May-14 06:30:12

See, I think I'm done but as im still young so think 'oh I might change my mind' so I don't want anything permanent. Thanks for the advice!

NaturalBaby Sat 24-May-14 06:33:26

Mirena. I tried a few other options and was a hormonal mess for far too long. Even the gp said she wished she had one (she had the other coil). No periods - that was enough of a selling point for me!

biscuitnoodle Sat 24-May-14 07:35:45

No periods?! I'll take it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now