Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Refusing to remove implant.

(3 Posts)
figray Mon 24-Jun-13 23:19:43

My daughter is 19 and she had the contraceptive implant 18 months ago.
She is not seeing anyone, doesn't need any contraception and has had problems with the implant. So I thought it would be easy to get an appointment for it removing.
However she rang the clinic today and they were really difficult about it. Basically we got the impression they can just refuse to remove it.
I am a bit in shock, can they do this and what can we do about it.

ConfuzzledMummy Mon 24-Jun-13 23:33:02

I know this may sound awful but....... Tell them it is making her depressed that's what I did and I had it in about 8 months. But I have got a history of depression so that might have helped my situation. If you make it out that she's really not coping with things then they should take it out!

lostblonde86 Wed 24-Jul-13 07:36:40

I had the same problem, I had to really push for it to be taken out. Told them that it made me a hormonal nightmare and couldn't stand my partner near me (which was true) and demanded that they take it out! Hope your daughter gets it resolved shortly x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now