Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

No period 16 weeks after having a baby HELP?

(10 Posts)
booboo2004 Wed 29-May-13 19:43:41

I'm not breastfeeding I was due to get the implant in but was worried incase the tests were coming up negative but I actually was, I read a few threads on the Internet where test came back negative up in till 4 months so just worried me abit I'm booked in with GP now on Friday so I will see what happens. My periods went back to normal after my other two and I haven't been stressed ect can't get my head around it lol x

peachypips Wed 29-May-13 19:35:21

I had no period for six months and FF.

Probably fine. DS is 11 months now and still no periods. Or pregnancies.

MrsLettuce Wed 29-May-13 19:31:44

Yes, you need contraception BF or FF. Vital.

bonzo77 Wed 29-May-13 19:30:22

Test again. You never know. Then if you are not pregnant and want to stay that way get some contraception.

I went 10 weeks despite not BFing after DC1. I wanted to go back on the pill and the gp said it was fine to do so. 2nd time round I went back on it after 5 weeks, again not having got my period.

nextphase Wed 29-May-13 19:29:34

Did you / are you breastfeeding?
I fed til 13 months, and AF returned at 9 months.

MrsLettuce Wed 29-May-13 19:29:29

How are you feeding your baby? It's quite normal for periods to stay away for a good while when breastfeeding.

MrsLettuce Wed 29-May-13 19:29:07

How are you feeding your baby? It's quite normal for periods to stay away for a good while breastfeeding.

alienbanana Wed 29-May-13 19:27:12

Test if you're worried, but I think its quite common.

booboo2004 Wed 29-May-13 19:25:58

I'm really worried as I still haven't had a period my baby is now 16 weeks old. There was I chance I could of got caught pregnant when he was about 4 weeks but I tested the next month later and got two negative results. I spoke to the doctor and she said this is common up until about 12 weeks after baby. Should I re test again or just wait it out I'm confused x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now