Where to take my baby swimming

(7 Posts)
Avondale67 Tue 22-Jul-14 22:21:55

I am trying to find somewhere I can take my 5 month old swimming without having to pay for the full courses that seem to be so popular. Can I ask if anyone has any suggestions or pointers in where to go?

RelocatorRelocator Tue 22-Jul-14 22:23:25

We just went to the local swimming pool - either to the Toddler Splash session or just good old normal public swim.

JuniperTisane Tue 22-Jul-14 22:24:20

You can just take him to the local public swimming pool with you. No need for expensive lessons, just pick a quiet time (earlyish mornings where I live) and splash about in the shallow end for a bit.

rootypig Tue 22-Jul-14 22:25:15

Public pool, where else? - some have a baby pool, which will be warmer, some have drop in baby sessions. If you can't find a baby pool, buy a baby warmer wrap from Two Bare Feet and take LO in the normal pool.

JuniperTisane Tue 22-Jul-14 22:26:51

Yes we also have special Family or Toddler sessions in termtime which are just open to the public as normal but quiet with no inflatables or music etc.

whereisshe Tue 22-Jul-14 22:26:57

We just take DD to the normal pool swim sessions, when it's quiet. She can only stay in for 5-10 minutes before she gets cold anyway, so all we do is let her float supported for a bit and splash about. At her age I think the most important thing is to learn to love being in water, lessons can come later.

Avondale67 Wed 23-Jul-14 20:58:38

Thanks everyone. Will look at the public pools around here and let you know how we get on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now