Notice given....but

(4 Posts)
mammasmadhouse Mon 18-Aug-14 16:17:50

I have been offered a part time post, I accepted the email offer from the Business partner and also received an offer from HR - my start salary was wrong but this was being addressed. I gave in my notice but now it seems that the funds for the post have yet to come in so where do I stand, do I ask my current employer if they can extend my notice period by ?? weeks?
I had agreed to provide some cover 1 day a week whilst a replacement was sorted - I just don't know what to do..

flowery Mon 18-Aug-14 16:51:23

Do you have a start date on your offer? How much of a gap is there between the end of your notice period and your start date?

mammasmadhouse Mon 18-Aug-14 16:59:52

I was asked to confirm a start date, which I have been trying to do with HR over the past few weeks, have spoken to and emailed 4 different people and only today someone has come back to me.If they get contract returned this week shld be ok for Sept 1st if not with the BH it is unlikely.

EBearhug Mon 18-Aug-14 21:52:00

Have you had a written contract?

Don't want to worry you, but I was once offered a job, then the funding got pulled before HR had sent out the contract.

But it could just be a question of it being the holiday period. We've had so many people out over the last couple of weeks, it's been really quiet, and loads of things have been on hold waiting for X, Y or Z to come back in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now