Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

need some hr advice please

(5 Posts)
BabyHMummy Mon 13-May-13 10:54:55

Hi peeps,

I am signed off work due to.anxiety however having been forced to attend a meeting with occ health Dr at work he has stated that I am physical incapable of working due to. A pre existing injury (caused at work) and the fact that due to pg I cannot take my uber strong painkillers.

If I am reading the direct gov site correctly then they have to put me on medical suspension as another role within company isn't possible. Am I correct?

I tried to discuss with my hr advisor at work but she seemed clueless.

Thanks in advance

chanie44 Mon 13-May-13 12:13:55

If you are well enough to attend work, but there is some element of the role that could be dangerous to you and your baby. That would be a medical suspension.

If you are unwell and unable to work, that's sickness absence. If the sickness absence is maternity related, it can't be counted for sickness absence monitoring purposes.

BabyHMummy Mon 13-May-13 12:50:30

Ty..I am not.well enough due.to.anxiety.however the occ health position was even.if I was I am physically unable to be at work.due to pain in my shoulder...there.is.no.other task I.cam.do.as simply opening the doors at work damages.it.and causes me.immense pain

chanie44 Mon 13-May-13 13:56:57

Well, that would be classed as sickness absence as opposed to medical suspension.

BabyHMummy Mon 13-May-13 14:09:26

Thanks hun. Will see my gp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now