What is the daftest request you have had from your child's school?

(19 Posts)
RubysReturn Wed 10-Mar-10 18:59:53

Today - can DD bring in a fitted tweed suit like Miss Marple wears and flat lace up brown shoes.

Of course, that is exactly what every 7yo has in their wardrobe or if not, is easily and cheaply found within 24 hours!!!!

Milliways Wed 10-Mar-10 19:01:30

The one that made me laugh most was DD's first ingredient list for Cooking in Yr 7:

1 hotdog
1 Bun
Ketchup (optional)

grin I kid you not!

gramercy Wed 10-Mar-10 19:05:07

"Please send your dc in on Tuesday dressed in a costume from their favourite African nation."

WTF?!!!!! Not even any old African nation, but their favourite African nation.

RubysReturn Wed 10-Mar-10 19:06:41

Surely everyone has a favourite African nation, with costume to suit????

gramercy Wed 10-Mar-10 19:22:33

There's always a flock of wild-eyed parents running round the local charity shops seeking out the perfect tweedy Miss Marple outfit or full traditional Zambian ceremonial garb.

webwiz Wed 10-Mar-10 19:31:59

A pair of white trousers for DS when he was in the year 6 Christmas play. What self respecting 10 year old boy owns a pair of white trousers?? Do they even sell white trousers for boys?

Not as good as Miss Marple thoughgrin

RubysReturn Wed 10-Mar-10 19:47:31

Oh yes, every xmas loads of people need plain white clothes to be sheep!

HellBent Wed 10-Mar-10 20:07:55

Was just about to post same as webwiz! White trousers and socks for boys (all sheep) or white tights for girls (all angels) in feckin December. Primary 1 and first child, want to do everything correctly!

I went to every shop in town, this is not an exaggeration! I was 3 hours in to my search, and about to give up when I thought he'd look ok in leggings or white tracksuit bottoms so started looking for those as well.

Finally found some white skinny jeans for £10 in H&M and bought them straight away! I was feeling really proud of myself when I went into school and walked to a group of mum's joking about how difficult it was to get some to find that no on else bothered and just wore black/grey joggers or school trousers that they already had!

AAAAARGH! I have to much respect for authority to question the school! I donated them into school as DS will never wear them again but will make sure DD gets them when she goes next year

HellBent Wed 10-Mar-10 20:10:31

And pyjama days really annoy me too! DS's are in no fit state to be seen outside of his bedroom (shrunk, faded, stretched,.. you get the idea!) so I have to buy new ones

dilemma456 Wed 10-Mar-10 20:34:15

Message withdrawn

mrsdennisleary Wed 10-Mar-10 21:27:07

provide box of tissues to pre-prep as the children all had colds....TIght gits

We have the box of tissues one every year mrsdennisleary, also boxes of Clorox wipes and printer paper.

A white pillow case to make a First Nation costume out of for the class Thanksgiving feast. I only had purple or red. Thank goodness our Wal-Mart is open 24 hours a day.

shock at the Miss Marple costume.

BelleDeChocolateFluffyBunny Wed 10-Mar-10 21:34:40

I had to send ds in with a pair of red tights so he could dress up as an elf for christmas, poor lad!

lovecheese Wed 10-Mar-10 21:43:21

Had to supply a pearly queen outfit for dd1, but not to go to too much trouble as any garment encrusted with buttons and/or pearls would be fine!?! Oops silly me, why didnt I just go straight to my "Encrusted with buttons and pearls like a demented Dolly Parton" section of my wardrobe! As it turned out I found an old jacket and hat and glued on about 300 buttons from the market, and if I may say so myself she did look good. smile

RubysReturn Thu 11-Mar-10 19:41:16

arf - at any garment decorated with button swould be fine!

orienteerer Thu 11-Mar-10 19:43:11

I think Miss Marple takes the biscuit......so what is your DD going to wear?

RubysReturn Thu 11-Mar-10 19:44:20

bizarrely we improvised with a tweed skirt (vertbaudet)and a twinset (gymboree) and astring of pearls

FabIsDoingPrettyWell Thu 11-Mar-10 19:46:22

DS2 has to go in dressed as a Prince one day..

majie Thu 11-Mar-10 21:11:02

A request for bags of soil to fill a newly built raised bed in the infants area....made worse by the fact building work had just been completed that included removing a large amount of topsoil. A school with a long history of thinking ahead.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now