Kingston Eduction

(9 Posts)
JessicaVick31 Wed 07-May-14 12:40:01

Can anyone tell me about the primary school admissions in Kingston?

tiggytape Wed 07-May-14 21:24:21

Kingston is a London borough so will be part of the coordinated admission system run by London and Surrey.

You fill in your application form and return it to Kingston council. You can also apply for Surrey or Richmond schools if you might qualify or are close but you only return one form and it has to go to Kingston. You can also apply online.

As with most parts of London, some schools in Kingston are massively oversubscribed. It isn't an area with fixed catchments so peopel living closest tend to get in (after siblings).
I think the general consensus is that most primary schools there tend to be pretty good. Hopefully someone here living in that area can help you if you need to know about individual schools

singersgirl Thu 08-May-14 07:53:33

What specifically do you want to know? If you look on the Kingston Borough/Local Authority website it should give you most of the basic information - list of schools, admissions criteria, application dates.

JessicaVick31 Thu 08-May-14 11:12:32

Are you guys getting the places you want though? Obviously it is easy to apply - but are you getting first choices? I also read something about school uniform being very pricey. Thank you

JessicaVick31 Thu 08-May-14 11:13:55

Thank you. It sounds obviously pretty easy to apply but are you guys getting your first choices? I also ready somewhere about school uniforms being pretty pricey - is that right? Really appreciate your help.

JessicaVick31 Thu 08-May-14 11:14:37

Whoops - sorry wrote that twice

JessicaVick31 Thu 08-May-14 11:15:11

Tiffin School?

tiggytape Thu 08-May-14 11:23:41

Tiffin isn't a primary school. There is a boys' and a girls' school. Both are secondary grammar schools and highly competitive. A child would need to be top of their year group normally to get a place and people from much further away can go to these schools if their scores are good enough so local people can feel pushed out by this.

JessicaVick31 Thu 08-May-14 11:30:50

Ok - I understand. that's really helpful. Does Kingston still have selective secondary school places then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now