Ludgrove

(28 Posts)
lycee Tue 18-Dec-12 01:53:27

What can anyone tell me about Ludgrove school?

I know that the princes attended here in the 90s.

Inclusionist Tue 18-Dec-12 07:52:32

Seems like a bit of a closed shop. I find that off-putting but maybe that is wrong- perhaps they just don't need to advertise.

lycee Wed 19-Dec-12 12:07:56

What can you tell me about there dormitories???

Inclusionist Wed 19-Dec-12 12:39:15

Absolutely nothing. I know nothing about the school, despite living in the area. I guess the full boarding aspect puts local people off so it doesn't get 'talked about' between mums etc.

I think you would need to go and visit if it was high on your list. Are you abroad?

Inclusionist Wed 19-Dec-12 12:42:48

Actually, I used to drive passed it on my way to work and I didn't even know it was there!

lycee Wed 19-Dec-12 13:31:59

I am in America.

Inclusionist Wed 19-Dec-12 14:59:46

Blinking long way to send a child to school??

difficultpickle Wed 19-Dec-12 16:14:09

Assuming you are moving to the UK you could get your relocation agent to advise or employ a school agent like Gabbitas to assist. Not sure why you are starting three separate threads on this.

Lycee

Is there something specific about Ludgrove that interests you (other than the princes going there)?

If not, why don't you list the requirements you have for a prep school e.g. full, weekly, flexi boarding or day, single sex or co-ed, geographic location, prep only or linked to a senior school, target senior schools etc and I am sure people will have some good suggestions for you.

lycee Thu 20-Dec-12 00:28:16

What can you tell me about there dormitories???

Inclusionist Thu 20-Dec-12 07:32:05

The use of 'there' was not a typo then?

I don't think this OP is genuine no shit, Inclusionist <doofus emoticon>

BadgerB Thu 20-Dec-12 08:14:28

Are you actually interested in using this school or just following the lives of the princes?

Inclusionist
I'm with you on this!

Lycee
I've heard <<whispers>> that the dormitories have beds in them! shock

difficultpickle Thu 20-Dec-12 11:41:31

They may even be bunkbeds. Ds's dorm has wardrobes and chests of drawers too (posh).

LIZS Thu 20-Dec-12 11:42:50

perhaps researching a setting for a book ?

LIZS
If that's the case then they need to brush up on the difference between there/their.

Royal princes fanfic shock

LynetteScavo England Thu 20-Dec-12 12:07:04

I suspect they teach grammar very well, and the boys know the difference between there and their.

lycee Thu 20-Dec-12 15:03:47

I read a book on the princes and Ludgrove was mentioned exstensively, just wondering if anyone has current info as a bosrder.

difficultpickle Thu 20-Dec-12 21:28:52

Why the fascination if you aren't planning on actually sending your ds there? I imagine it is no different to any other boys boarding prep. Ds was at the hairdressers this evening comparing notes on tuck and treats at respective boarding schools with other children getting their haircut.

lycee Sat 22-Dec-12 21:09:35

It is the firwst boarding school that I ever heard a great deal about and just got curious.

BadgerB Sun 23-Dec-12 06:37:18

If you keep reading Mumsnet you will learn the names of many others - then you can Google their online prospectuses and learn more about them! Try Cheam and Gordonstoun, where the princes' dad went..

peteneras Sun 23-Dec-12 09:31:24

”It is the firwst boarding school that I ever heard a great deal about and just got curious.”

Oh lycee, there are plenty about here in GB.

Here’s a complete list from A~Z for you to read over the holidays.

Happy reading and Happy Christmas! wink

difficultpickle Sun 23-Dec-12 10:44:02

peteneras you'll send the OP into Google overdrive with that list grin

peteneras Sun 23-Dec-12 11:05:07

No bisjo, don't need Google, just click on the school's 'website address' in the middle column of the list.

Here's the list again sorted by county for parents/guardians who may be interested in specific areas only.

difficultpickle Sun 23-Dec-12 11:41:04

I wonder how many boys schools need to send to Eton to qualify as a feeder school. I can't believe all those schools have sent boys every year.

Lycee will think all their Christmases have come at once!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now