Any secondary teachers about? Q about value added score!!

(26 Posts)
CheekyGirl Mon 12-Nov-12 16:51:56

Hi, I have posted before about a few - probably trivial - issues I've been having at my dd's school (she's in year 7). Anyway, I've done a bit of research and found that the value added score is 976 which I believe is below average. What do mnetters think?

If it's any help, the last GCSE 5 A*-C including English and Maths % was 54.
There are about 650 pupils in the school. It's an 11 -16 community comprehensive.

My dd achieved 5c s in her year 6 SATS and is currently in the top sets. I've had concerns about her work not being very neat (I've talked to her about this, of course) and her books not showing evidence of teacher marking. The most marking I've seen, and only in 2 subjects, is twice since the start of September. Is this normal????

Thanks!!!

CheekyGirl Thu 15-Nov-12 11:40:40

lljkk - that's interesting. I know one girl at our school who did really well, and there are others. I can only go by what I see at the school gate though, and there are an awful lot of girls with skirts that barely cover their backsides, dyed hair and trowelled on makeup. Perhaps I'm being precious though, and that's quite normal.

There aren't really any other state secondaries locally that I would consider moving her to, so it would need to be an independent with a massive bursary. I just don't know whether that's really feasible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now