This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer in Europe is getting aggressive

(8 Posts)
TheOldWiseOne Fri 01-May-15 08:35:58

I don't post out of the UK and so politely told the winning bidder this and explained that his bid was cancelled because of that.

I thought that I had my settings done properly as had stated only postage to the UK ( think may have been wrong here - thought as I had opted out of the GSP I was OK) . Now I realise that you have to add other stuff in the "not sending to other countries" I have had in the past requests from others in Europe asking if I post there so don't think it is unclear.

Anyway he has refused to accept this and has sent 2 messages that are slightly abusive - suggesting that I am refusing to sell to him " for other reasons" and then "TELLING me to send it to an address in the UK " or he will report me and give me negative feedback. I have been nothing but polite with him.

I don't want this kind of hassle and have followed the procedures as I thought I knew best - requested a cancellation with E Bay. They processed. Refunded his payment which he made 2 hours AFTER the cancellation was sent. I reported him to Ebay for the 2 unsatisfactory messages he sent. I see in the Resolution Centre that he has not accepted the cancellation.

To add to my problems I then sold the item on second chance so now have a new buyer. ( for less money of course!)

Any advice on how to proceed please?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 01-May-15 08:41:36

Let eBay handle it now.

Although I'm not sure why you wouldn't post the item to the Buyers address in the UK?

Cherryapple1 Fri 01-May-15 08:44:40

You shouldn't have done the second chance offer until after this case is closed.

If he doesn't accept the cancellation it will close in your favour in 7 days. If he refuses you will not get your fees back.

And please don't post to an alternative address unless it is done properly and it is a gift address added in paypal.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 01-May-15 08:45:11

I don't think you're supposed to post to an address that's not registered with the buyer

TheOldWiseOne Fri 01-May-15 09:04:29

Thanks - not very experienced with all of this.

santas I had already offered a second chance - didn't realise I had to wait..
laurie cherry that is useful to know that I must never post to an address not registered to buyer - that actually goes to my advantage in this issue I guess...

TheOldWiseOne Fri 01-May-15 09:06:40

PS Can I go ahead and process the Second Chance payment? I am not going to be held or forced to send this item to this person am I ?? I would rather set fire to it due to his messages..

Cherryapple1 Fri 01-May-15 09:23:59

You will need to send it to the second chance person - or you risk 2 negs. Do tighten your settings and add first buyer to blocked bidder list.

TheOldWiseOne Fri 01-May-15 10:17:00

I have already blocked him. I have adjusted the settings. Thanks for your posts everyone - it was just quite shocking to see these coming in last night !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now