This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Watches from Hong Kong

(11 Posts)
HappySmileyFace Fri 21-Mar-14 12:27:08

I have seen some $4 watches on ebay that ship from Hong Kong (free postage). What's the catch? If I order one will it arrive or will my credit card end up being compromised?

Any experience pls let me know!

HolidayCriminal Fri 21-Mar-14 12:28:21

If you pay thru paypal they can't do anything dodgy to your credit card.
No more dodgy than buying it while on holiday.
If f/back looks alright, then buy it if you like.

HappySmileyFace Fri 21-Mar-14 12:39:27

Thanks! Thought PayPal was safe but wasn't sure.

LavenderGreen14 Fri 21-Mar-14 13:23:23

no credit card won't be compromised, but watch will be a fake or a cheap watch which won't last five minutes.

HappySmileyFace Fri 21-Mar-14 20:33:19

I can live with that. I want a white watch and am not sure I will like it so thought I would get a cheap one first.

jendot Sat 22-Mar-14 08:22:44

Just be aware that normal mail shipping from Hong Kong usually takes around 3-8 weeks ( and does quite often go astray). While you won't lose any money as you are covered by buyer protection don't buy if you are in a hurry smile

HappySmileyFace Sat 22-Mar-14 10:13:24

Thanks Jendot -yes was talking to someone today and their purchase never arrived. Might take the chance still as it's cheap.

LavenderGreen14 Sat 22-Mar-14 10:39:53

you only have 30 days to open a not received case, so make sure you don't leave it too late to claim if it doesn't turn up.

HolidayCriminal Sat 22-Mar-14 14:29:25

I've had stuff from HongKong in less than 8 days. You can read their dispatch & estimated arrival times like everyone else.

Theas18 Sun 23-Mar-14 22:39:05

You may get hot with customs charges - these are small but the last tine I had one from USA the charge was £4 with an £8 handling charge argh!

HappySmileyFace Mon 24-Mar-14 11:48:29

Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now